PDA

View Full Version : OK all you March mamas... Are your babies screaming bloody murder in the night?

peanut4us
12-06-2003, 11:04 PM
You know... waking up to eat, still, 2-4 times a night, that's one thing. But waking up to eat and then scream for an hour, because she wants to "play" is grounds for selling them to the gypsies.

I was just wondering if any of your darlings have turned a new and ugly sleeping corner. Help somebody!

kfcboston
12-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Not yet for us, although I hear that is not AT ALL uncommon. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop!!

etwahl
12-07-2003, 08:46 AM
joey, lauren has never been a sleeping darling, at least not in most people's definition of the word! she does nurse EVERY 2 hours at night - religiously :) she's a hungry little girl.

there was about a week where she would wake crying and screaming, but she was teething and the motrin really helped then.

as for crying and wanting to play...well she does sometimes wake and not go back to sleep immediately, kind of looking back between her daddy and me, but we keep our eyes closed, and eventually she will go back to sleep. on a high note, we have just the last two mornings woken at 8 instead of 6 (which is a huge acccomplishment) achieved I believe by a later bedtime- yay!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

ktdid74
12-07-2003, 09:38 AM
Wow Joey, I was going to ask the same thing. Mackenzie has been fighting a cold for the last week (actually, her and DS have been passing one back and forth for almost 2 months) and I'd be willing to buy sleep at this point. Last night she was up at 12 and 4. Funny thing is, right before this cold, she was sleeping SO well-including long naps- that I knew it couldn't last long. Now she's hardly napping and is just a crank most of the time. I know she must be working on a couple of teeth (she only has 2 bottoms right now) but combined with the cold, it's killing us. I want my happy baby back!! Good luck!!

barbarhow
12-07-2003, 04:11 PM
A full nights sleep? I vaguely remember having one a few years ago. Jack has been sick for 6 weeks now. Getting up at least twice during the night. I agree-I too would pay for sleep. I wonder how much 7 hours would cost. You notice I realize that I probably can't afford 8 hours....Oh and what it is doing to my milk supply. I now leak around the clock. Such a pretty sight...
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Tristan has started this habit lately too...he is just 3 days away from being considered a "march" baby. I don't know what is going on, there are so many things it could be.
this thread makes me think it is somehting age specific though. I know he has to be going thru a growth spurt...for the past three night he has waken and has drank 24 ounces during the night!!!!
and it is not lack of solids, we are feeding him well and consistently.

Lucky for us last night was the first night that we ever woke up and drank and wouldn't roll over back to sleep. So he hasn't left me sleep deprived (Steve is a huge help at night too) till today actually !!!...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

McQ
12-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Declan woke crying a couple times but I can't remember when or why. Such a blur now. Must have been a month ago at best guess. So I think that was when he was sick. Sorry to be no help.

He still gets up for a bottle around 4 or 5am. There have been a couple of nights recently where he won't go back to sleep until 1 1/2 or 2 hours later. Yikes. And then he'd nap between 11am-1pm and that's it for the day. Makes for a very long day.

What I do when he won't sleep at night is put him in the sling and walk around. If he's really awake I do things like laundry. Once he figures out he's with me and we're not playing he ususally snuggles in. And then I lap the island in our kitchen. Most times it works. Argh the times that it doesn't.

I feel for you mama.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03