PDA

View Full Version : Help me with special gift for DS, please!

deborah_r
12-07-2003, 12:52 AM
I don't know if this is my own idea or if I saw it somewhere, but I've been thinking how I know Kai doesn't give a hoot about Christmas and presents, and other people will buy him toys and stuff, so my idea was this. I want some kind of special box, maybe with a lock but I'm not sure, that you could slide paper into, and then DH and I (and other family members if they want to) could write him little letters about things he is doing now, and what we love about him now, and what's special about him now, and we could keep adding to it throughout his childhood.

Does anyone have any ideas for where I might find the right box? It doesn't necessarily have to be able to have a slot opening for paper, that's just an idea.

sarasprings
12-07-2003, 12:41 PM
We do something like that, but we use a journal with a place for a photo on the front.

Something else you could do, especially if you want others to write notes, is get a photo album with pockets and have nice index cards around for anyone to write on. Then, you can just slip then in the photo slots.

I'm tempted to do that for baby #2, if we have one, because now I write on scrap paper and then copy and elaborate in his book. Plus, with two kids, it would be harder for me to find the extra time.