PDA

View Full Version : Do I stand a chance of getting pro pictures done this late?

deborah_r
12-07-2003, 12:56 AM
DH and I keep debating on where to go for pictures - we thought we'd get pictures of Kai by himslef and a family portrait - but while we keep discussing it, it keeps getting closer and closer to Christmas!

DH is a photographer, but I think we should have pictures done by someone else sometimes. I just think maybe he is too "close" to Kai to really see him the way an objective 3rd party photographer would see him...

I was thinking Sears originally, just so it doesn't cost a thousand dollars, but then we thought maybe something just a step above Sears. One of these years I'm going to understand that you can't just turn on all this Christmas stuff in December - I am the WORST planner!

C99
12-07-2003, 01:06 AM
You might be able to get Sears or JCPenney to do Christmas photos now and get them back before Christmas, but I don't know what their turnaround time is since I've never gone there. I know that if you go to Picture People, you can get them later on that day. I think you're outta luck on getting a studio photographer to turn around photos that fast at this point -- the fast prints for my holiday cards were supposed to take 2 weeks and they took 6!

HTH

Melanie
12-07-2003, 02:17 AM
Do you have a Kiddie Kandids? We've been rather happy with them...you just have to get there before the doors open or else you have a long wait. We got there 5 min. before they opened and were 4th in line so we had a one hour wait.

They use digital so they see the results immediately and know if they have to retake, and you get to see the photos right away and get them in about 20 minutes or so. Much much faster than Picture People.