PDA

View Full Version : LAY OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elvisfan
12-08-2003, 12:52 PM
I am so annoyed right now....Last year my brother in law bought Isabella a pair of expensive Australian boots....3 times her size. I put them away(obviously) and, one year and one move later, I can't find the right boot.
My mil is pestering the hell out of me as to where they are. I wante to say,"I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE. THEY ARE UGLY. THEY CAN ONLY GO WITH A RED OR BLACK OUTFIT. THEY WERE DAMNED NEAR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. WHAT MORON BUYS ONE HUNDRED DOLARS SHOES FOR A TODDLER THAT SHE CAN ONLY WEAR WITH CERTAIN OUTFITS? I'M BUSY. I DON'T HAVE TIME T LOOK FOR THEM.NOW I'M GOING TO HAVE TO ORDER SOME OF THE INTERNET AND SPEND MONEY THAT WE DON'T HAVE ON THEM JUST TO SHUT YOU PEOPLE UP. DON'T BUY MY CHILDREN SHOES AND CLOTHES. YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO TASTE. SO MUCH SO THAT YOU PUT MY DD IN A DRESS AND SNAEAKERS WITH FLASHING LIGHTS ON T-GIVING DAY. I SEND CLOTHES AND SHOES IN HER SUITCASE AND YOU PUT HER IN SOME SORRY GHETTO OUTFIT???? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?LET ME BUY THE CLOTHES AND SHOES.I'M THE MOTHER. LET ME BE THE MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..............Off to look for these boots on ebay
edited to add-I realize now that i wasn't the bitching forum. i don't know how to move it-otherwise i would

bluej
12-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Why oh why are going to buy these boots? Can't you just say that they don't fit yet? Maybe by the time they fit you will find the other one? Or say her feet grew SO much that they no longer fit?

pritchettzoo
12-08-2003, 02:07 PM
You could say that they fit her in the summertime when she couldn't wear them and so you donated them so that a less fortunate child could have warm feet this cold, cold winter. Go off on a tangent like "I'm so lucky to be able to buy my daughters at least the basic necessities--don't you feel lucky? I mean, when I saw this story on the news about a family who...and...and...and..." don't let them get a word in edgewise until their eyes glaze over and then they will have fogotten what it was they were saying in the first place and feel like twerps if they get mad about charity at Christmas.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

lisams
12-08-2003, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't waste your time or money trying to find these boots on ebay. It's really silly that they first spent that much on a pair of shoes that she'll only fit into for a few months and also that they bought them so big. Maybe you could just tell MIL that somewhere in the move they must have gotten lost and that you really wished they fit her last year when you got them. Tell her how disapointed YOU are because you LOVED them so much and that you can't believe how they got lost because you were looking forward to DD wearing them this year. Maybe she'll lay off if she sees that it reminds you of how sad you are that you lost these adorable, beautiful, wonderful boots ;)

Hang in there!!!
Lisa

jec2
12-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Definately don't spend any time trying to replace such ugly boots. I would follow the advice above and say that she's outgrown them or something like that.

deborah_r
12-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Don't replace the boots, come up with an excuse, and I loved your rant!!

elvisfan
12-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the support, everyone. Unfortunately, I can't use any of your great suggestions as my mil was just out here and knows about the missing boot and is insisting that once I find it, we can put a few pairs of socks on Isabella and she can wear the boots(was that a run on sentence or what?). It's not that the boots are bad-they're very popular and spendy(Think UGGS). It's just that a)I didn't ask for these things and b)I don't have the time to look for them........I've found some online and the ship time is 2-3 weeks(We're going to the inlaws in a few weeks and so that is out)....argghh....please pray that I find the spare boot:(

suribear
12-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Please don't spend MORE money replacing the lost boot!!! Just say it's misplaced. If they don't understand, let dh tell them!

Kris

MartiesMom2B
12-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Mary:

I hope you don't have to spend the money on replacing the boot. How silly. I do think that your husband should deal with this. I know sometimes that easier said than done. Especially after a move, you'd think the in laws could take "It got lost in the move" and she could move on.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sarah1
12-08-2003, 11:33 PM
DEFINITELY do not buy the other boot. If it were my in-laws, and my brother-in-law, YES, I would feel terrible for losing it, but I would just say "I'm STILL looking for the other boot, by the time I find it she'll be big enough to fit into them!" Even if they're irritated, they'll forget about it an hour after you leave. Don't waste your time on this--it'll just make you more upset.

gour0
12-09-2003, 12:54 PM
I would hand them a $100 bill and say "sorry the boot got lost in the move, let me reimburse you." !!!! Hopefully, that will make them see how ridiculous they're being.

amp
12-09-2003, 02:46 PM
Don't misplace the boot! So what if your mom knows one is missing?! If the BIL asks, which he probably won't, just indicate that they don't fit yet, which is a good thing, because you misplaced one and are sooo hoping you can find it soon. What's he gonna say to that? Come on, you're human. It's not like you deliberately lost the boot in the move. Did you?! Come to think of it, that would have been an idea!