PDA

View Full Version : gift suggestions for a Mom

redhookmom
12-08-2003, 10:15 PM
Any ideas on what I can ask my MIL for. (This idea of asking for gifts in advance drives me crazy but that post belongs elsewhere.) I would like to ask her for a Mom related gift, like a diaper bag but I already have to many of those... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jessica

sweetbasil
12-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Let's see...I asked for stationery for the family (with an 'L' at the top, for our last name), some DVDs that I like, gift cards, and some decor stuff I'd been wanting. One of my all time faves is the Mommy Bracelet DH gave me when DS#1 was born- I still have to get DS#2 added onto it so I can start wearing it again! All things I wouldn't get for myself, but would love to receive, you know?

Good luck composing your list,

lizajane
12-08-2003, 10:37 PM
what about something you and your child can do together? a game, a gift certificate to an activity kinda place, a carrier- like a sling or a backpack, or how about a day at the spa to relax after a long week of being a mom...

how about "mom clothes" like cotton sweaters so that they can be machine washed. or "mom shoes" that are cute, but very comfortable.

i asked for:
mom sweaters and long sleeve tees so that i can be comfortable and machine washable, but still "cute" at mommy group
craft supplies for making baby gifts/things to sell/things to use for schuyler
personalized stationary (i will be writing all of schuyler's christmas thank you's, of course!)
a few makeup related items (to try to talk myself into looking decent so that i feel better!)
diapering supplies because we CD

what about a new book you have heard of, or CD? or a library of books that you can read to your child?

better stop now... i am going on and on...