PDA

View Full Version : Can you ask your DH about this?

cdlamis
12-09-2003, 01:27 PM
I am doing the 12 days of Christmas for DH and want to give him a Shutterfly mini scrapbook of Julia for one of the days. I don't know if he would want this or what he would do with it- too big to fit in his wallet!
The Shutterfly album includes 10 different pictures of Julia (some with her daddy). They have captions like "Thanks for always playing with me" for the pic of Julia and DH in the pool.

Can you ask your DH about this or if he would want a framed picture of him and baby instead?

Thanks!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

redhookmom
12-09-2003, 01:37 PM
I am not sure what a Shutterfly mini scrapbook is so I gave my husband the choice of pocket size photo album or a framed photo. He voted for the album. He said he could leave it the car or his backpack whereas a framed photo would just sit at home where he sees the kids anyway. And, now he want one for Chistmas. I guess I have some work to do.

Jessica

cdlamis
12-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks Jessica. Here is a sample of a Shutterfly scrapbook. You will have to upload pictures to their site but after that its cheap and easy.

http://www.shutterfly.com/snapbooks/start.jsp

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

cchavez
12-09-2003, 03:11 PM
I wish ofoto offered this. Since DH has tons of framed photos of Diego in his office, I think he would love the book!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-09-2003, 03:53 PM
I just asked...and my DH said he'd love cute framed pics for the office!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

amp
12-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Daniella - I just asked my husband about this one. Glad I did! He said he would prefer the framed picture to put at his office on his desk. He said he wouldn't really know what to do with an album and wouldn't really end up looking at it as much as he would with a framed pic. As I said, I'm glad I asked, because I almost got a snapbook from Shutterfly! I ended up ordering a calendar. He always gets a calendar (usually corvettes or harleys), so that seemed like something he'd like. I just ordered mine about an hour ago, in fact!

ETA - I have no idea where he got it from, but a friend of ours had an adorable frame that said Daddy's Little Girl on it with his daughter in it on his desk. It was too cute!

muskiesusan
12-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Last father's day I got DH a frame that you can record a message on. He travels alot and says he just loves being able to hear Nick's voice whenever the mood hits him.

Just another thought.

Susan
Mom to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

lizajane
12-09-2003, 04:31 PM
my dh would want the frame, don't even have to ask him.

BUT my DAD would go NUTS over the little album. he carries schuyler's pics with him to out of town board meetings, reunions, his office... and he would love something so neat and organized that he could keep in his briefcase to whip out.

Marisa6826
12-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Daniella-

What about something a little higher tech?

Jonathan LOVES using pictures of Sophie as his computer wallpaper.

What about burning a CD of Julia's pictures?

-m

kathsmom
12-09-2003, 04:53 PM
Daniella,

My DH is a sales representative, so he is out of the office for most of the day. I have a small album that I purchased and am planning on taking some photos of the kids to put in it. He loves showing his customers pictures of the kids.

DH also has a desk at the office and he will go there sometimes in the late afternoon after his sales calls are finished. So, I will probably get a nice 5x7 frame and get one of the pictures that I am using in the photo album enlarged. He can put it on his desk.

Could you get the shutterfly album for one day and get a framed picture for another day?

mattysmom
12-09-2003, 06:00 PM
I just ordered 8 copies of a snapbook from shutteherfly for christmas presents. I will also give DH a framed pic, but thought it would be fun for him to have a bunch of different shots in a mini album that he could keep in his briefcase and look at on the train, etc. But, then again, DH loves any pic of ds!!

pritchettzoo
12-09-2003, 09:16 PM
I did. Now he wants BOTH! Thanks, Daniella... :)

I'm going to get him a small "brag book" type thing (that he can replace new pics in) and wait and do the flip books next year for grandparents, etc. I love that idea though!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)