PDA

View Full Version : No flu shots left in my county! :(

Mom2Miri
12-09-2003, 07:10 PM
Anyone else unable to get a flu shot for their infant? I had an appt for Mirielle's flu shot last week but she had a fever. Rescheduled to tomorrow, only to learn today that the ped is out of flu shots. Called around to learn that the entire county is out!

What makes it even more frustrating is I had originally asked about it in Oct and was told it wasn't recommended for babies that young.

My DH pointed out that if supplies are so scarce then even if she got her first shot somehow, there is no chance she'd get her 2nd shot in a month. Any idea if only one shot is worth trying? (I heard a rumor a neighboring county has shots)

Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

JElaineB
12-09-2003, 08:05 PM
My son got his second flu shot today. The ped said they are pretty much out. They have enough though for the scheduled second shots, and it sounded like they also have enough for kidlets under 2 who hadn't gotten a first shot yet. But they are no longer giving any to older kids. I have no idea if one shot will do any good. I was ready to be really mad if they didn't have the second shot for DS today!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02