PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else a Law and Order junkie??

jojo2324
12-10-2003, 01:42 PM
I can't get enough of it!! Doesn't hurt that it's on about 45 times a day. :)

I actually like the Special Victims one best...The original is now too "ripped from the headlines." I like the older L&Os, where if you missed 3 minutes, you were lost. But SVU is on USA about 5 times every night, so I can get my fix then.

Have they released more than the first season on DVD? I went through massive withdrawal last weekend, especially with the snow storm and being housebound.

starrynight
12-10-2003, 01:58 PM
I love it too! I watch the old reruns on I think kifetime but it might be a&e I can't tremember, I just flip through til I find it LOL.

I agree with ya on the newer ones too much like the headlines so I don't watch much. I do like svu also.

BTW how is everyone at your house feeling? Are the sickies gone and Gannon and your dh feeling any better?

deborah_r
12-10-2003, 01:59 PM
I was addicted for a while, but it has tapered off. I think becasue it is on so much, I figure I can see it anytime, so I don't bother sometimes. I was a total NYPD Blue junkie for a while, when I was watching the repeats from season 1 to the present on TNT. COuldn't get enough. Now I hardly watch it. My big addiction is Judging Amy right now. I keep seeing episodes from different points in it's history and I'm trying to piece together the story.

I think L&O gets you with the way each episode follows a similar format and they have that little "duh-duh" sound all the time and the little captions on the screen. It's comforting, like a favorite blanket!

Not sure about the DVD releases - you could maybe search on Amazon?

brigmaman
12-10-2003, 02:29 PM
When brig was first born, and I was home all the time, for the first time, Law and Order was something to look forward to. Though it was on a few times a day on A&E, it was the same episode at 1pm and 7pm. I would watch in the afternoon if I knew I had evening plans. Sick really... I think I just wanted to be Ms. Kinkade.(Love how everyone said her name with the accent on the first syllable)Dh and I got out of watching the reruns after a while because it was becoming really predictable. Every witness was beligerant (sp?)and had no time or patience for the police/d.a. questioning. And without fail the key piece of evidence would be inadmissable (again,sp?). LOL, what a nerd I am proving to be!
I think the new ones are on too late for us, and isn't SVU the sex crimes one? That one is disturbing. I get too wrapped up in tv shows, and have to keep it fairly light.

pamela mom of 3
12-10-2003, 03:32 PM
I do watch the old re-runs on bravo every night at 11pm...basically it's my "brain food" lol :D

As to the newer ones, depends sometimes the kids are still up sooo...

I also try and catch the CSI programs, when i can.

At this point anything that is not either A) a cartoon or B) somebody dressed in some big costume ;) is worth watching...

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

newbelly2002
12-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Yup, me too. Guilty confession: we download off the Internet each L&O (the original, while they've gone downhill in the past few years I'm dumbly loyal what can I say. And I don't like her acting but that Elizabeth actress *does* spell her name with an oe [oomlaut]) and 24 episode. I never watch TV, but I'll bring the computer to bed and watch that twice a week. So much for assimilation....

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

nathansmom
12-10-2003, 04:16 PM
I love L and O. I don't watch the original anymore cause I miss Chris Noth. I LOVE SVU and CI. I've started to get into CSI but only when CI is a repeat as we don't have basic television so I catch everything on USA or Spike.

kathsmom
12-10-2003, 04:19 PM
Count me in! I love,love,love it! I watch all the reruns after the kids are in bed. I don't get a chance to watch the new ones. I really like the SVU one as well. Does anyone watch L&O: Criminial Intent (I think that is the name of it)? I have only seen little bits of that one here and there.

I was a witness to an accident about 4 years ago, and last year, I had to go to an indictment hearing and testify. I was so scared that the lawyers would try to trip me up with my words, put words in my mouth, etc. DH told me that I had watched entirely too much L&O! The secretary who was scheduling the case for the court agreed!LOL!

peanut4us
12-10-2003, 09:18 PM
I think LO: Criminal Intent is my favorite of all of them. Love it... the detective guy, Goran, is just very intellectually interesting.

christic
12-10-2003, 10:13 PM
>I think L&O gets you with the way each episode follows a
>similar format and they have that little "duh-duh" sound all
>the time and the little captions on the screen.

Around here we don't even bother calling it L&O--it's "duh-duh". And this started even before we had a baby in the house.

barbarhow
12-10-2003, 10:56 PM
My all time favorite show. I am a frustrated DA. It is so rare that I see a rerun that I haven't seen 6 times but for some reason DH and I still watch it every night at 7p on A&E. Crazy.
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

sntm
12-11-2003, 09:34 AM
HAH! In our house, L&O:CI is referred to as "Smarty Pants." As in, "obviously you can tell from the way he ate his sandwich that he was raised by Quakers in the southeast neighborhood in Baton Rouge and attended private school for 4 1/3 years before being expelled for writing graffiti in the 2nd floor boy's bathroom with a Sharpie. A red sharpie."

Am also a frustrated detective -- took a rotation in forensic pathology in med school and it was the best!!! i would have switched but poring over a microscope makes my head swimmy. Watch SVU intermittently now, old version has gotten a little preachy for my tastes (i also miss Chris Noth -- how did he manage to play two incomparably sexy characters in one acting career?). Love CSI. Inhale mystery novels.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

nigele
12-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Simon and I are big Law and Order fans but these days I'm too tired to stay up and watch it - how parenthood has changed me!

jojo2324
12-11-2003, 12:45 PM
LOL, Chris Noth is quite the hottie. :) But how did his voice drop about 12 octaves between LO and SATC?

And Shannon, I've always thought forensic science has got to be one of the most fascinating fields of study. I just think it's sooooo cool. But I'm way too queasy and non-scientific-y.