PDA

View Full Version : Just bad news all the way around for my family-thoughts and prayers needed

kathsmom
12-10-2003, 11:11 PM
Hi, everyone

Could you just keep my family in your thoughts and prayers? My mom and her family have been through an awful lot in the last 2 months. First, my mom was involved in a bad car accident at the end of October. She was lucky to survive, let alone walk away from the accident like she did. The car was totalled, but insurance really came through for her on getting a new car. Then, when the doctors did a CAT scan to see if there were any internal injuries from the accident, they found a mass in her breast. She went to an oncology surgeon who didn't feel anything in a physical exam. She is getting a mammogram done on Friday to see what they need to do next. The surgeon doesn't think it's anything to worry about, but she wants to be sure since breast cancer runs in the family. I have had a mass removed from my right breast in the past (it was only a fibroid).

Sunday afternoon, my mom got the news that one of her older sisters had died from breast cancer. We knew she was very sick and that she could go any day, but it still came as a shock. She has another sister who died from breast cancer a few years ago. Then on the day of the funeral for my aunt, one of my mom's brother's was found on the ground outside the gas station he owns by one of his customers. He had had stroke and they will be operating on the veins in his neck (I think there is blockage in those veins).

They have all been through so much lately. I would appreciate any prayers and thoughts that can be lifted up for our family. Thank you so much for reading this.

Take care.

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-10-2003, 11:24 PM
So sorry you all are being dealt all of this...it's not fair, we of course are thinking about you!!!
Hugs,
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

agomalley
12-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Toni,
I'm so sorry that your family has had so many tragedies to deal with. Please know that you are in my prayers.
Anabelle

pritchettzoo
12-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Of course! What a terrible run of events for your family.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I think we live near each other! I'll email you my phone number.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

Annette_C
12-10-2003, 11:55 PM
Tony,
I'm so sorry about everything your family is going through.
Please know that we'll be thinking of you and praying that you get a break really soon.
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

blnony
12-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Toni-
You know that I'll be praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry. Just know that I'm thinking of you.
BIG GIANT HUGS ((())))

khakismom
12-11-2003, 01:19 AM
Toni, I pray that you and your family don't have to suffer thru any more sadness. My mother is a cancer survivor so if you ever need or want to talk about anything, please email me anytime. You will be in my thoughts on Friday--I hope everything turns out well!

mommyj
12-11-2003, 02:18 AM
Toni,
Know that you and your entire family will be in my thoughts in the weeks and months ahead.

toomanystrollers
12-11-2003, 06:52 AM
We are thinking of you and your family.
God bless,

bluej
12-11-2003, 08:39 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

gravymommy3
12-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Toni,

I am so sorry about all you and especially your mother is going through right now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I will be happy to watch the kids so you can be with her or help her. Just call and let me know.

Hugs

sntm
12-11-2003, 08:47 AM
i'll be keeping you and them in my prayers.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

cinrein
12-11-2003, 08:54 AM
I will certainly keep your family in my throughts and prayers. I hope your Mom (and you) don't get any more bad news for a long long time.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

jojo2324
12-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Toni, I'm so sorry for all the hardship your family is going through. You will all be in my thoughts. Let us know if you need anything! Lots of hugs!

cchavez
12-11-2003, 09:46 AM
We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers too!

kathsmom
12-11-2003, 10:03 AM
Thank you so much for your support. It has just been really rough lately. I also forgot to mention that DH's sister had her breast cancer return last year. This time, it went into the lungs. She seems to be responding to the chemo very well so far, but she will have to take these treatments for the rest of her life.

I think what has upset my mom so much about her sister is that she didn't get a chance to see her before she died. Mom was planning on taking some vaction time to go see her after the holidays were over. She lives 10 hours from where her sister lived. My aunt died this past Sunday afternoon and the funeral was Tuesday of this week, so my mom didn't have a lot of time to make the trip. She ended up not going, which I think really upset her a lot. I don't know if she could have driven it by herself, because she is still recovering from the accident. I told her that Andrew and I could go with her to the funeral and that DH could take care of Katherine, since she is in school all day. She didn't want to take me away from my family.

It's been just so emotionally draining for the entire family (my mom is 1 of 11 kids and I have a bajillion cousins). Two of my oldest aunts aren't in the greatest of health either.

Thank you so much for all your support, thoughts, and prayers. I will let you all know what the mammogram shows as soon as they read it. My mom will see the oncology surgeon next Friday (Dec. 19th) to discuss the mammogram results.

Take care and thanks again!

McQ
12-11-2003, 10:04 AM
Your poor family has been through so much. I will be thinking of them.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

momathome
12-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Toni-
I will be sure to keep you and your family in my prayers. HUGS to you and I hope for a peaceful holiday season for your entire family.
-Lauren

mik8
12-11-2003, 10:46 AM
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

starrynight
12-11-2003, 10:58 AM
*hugs* and prayers for your family. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt dying.

I hope your uncle recovers quickly and your mom doesn't have cancer. Keep us posted.

amp
12-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Toni, I will absolutely keep you, your mom and her family in my prayers. Take care.

nigele
12-11-2003, 11:24 AM
Toni,

I'm so sorry for all that your family has been through. Your poor Mom. You will all definitely be in my thought and prayers.

peanut4us
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
Toni--I feel for your family. We've had many tragedies too. Be strong for your mother. I'll be thinking about your family and praying for you all.

egoldber
12-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Toni, just wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

Take care,

Sarah1
12-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Toni,

I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and hoping for the best...my mom is a breast cancer survivor as well and fortunately there are so many amazing and affordable treatments available now...anyway, hang in there girl.

mamahill
12-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Oh Toni - I am so sorry for what your family has been going through. Hugs, thoughts and prayers your way...

Sandy
12-11-2003, 09:28 PM
Toni,
I am so sorry to hear about everything that is happening. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts. Big {{HUGS}}

Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02