PDA

View Full Version : Are you in the Christmas "spirit"?

etwahl
12-12-2003, 03:49 PM
i don't think i am. i keep thinking back to christmas growing up...in SNOW and cold. I don't miss the cold at all, but around christmas snow and the cold just seem to go hand in hand. and it is sad not being around all my family. we always had wonderful christmases at my mom's house. i know it will be wonderful with our "new family" also, just different. i need to come with our own traditions and figure out how to get myself REALLY into the spirit. i think partly because i've always been such a HUGE christmas girl, that it's just a little different. especially living in a place so far away from all our friends and family. i'm trying though, playing the christmas music all the time since thanksgiving, christmas tree and decorations are up.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

heidi_timms
12-15-2003, 03:45 AM
I feel like it's a Charlie Brown Christmas this year. I have no time to shop and DH is working long, long hours! At least we drew names this year, but still there are a lot of gifts to buy. Money is tight which makes me not even feel like shopping. The house is decorated, but we haven't ordered any photo cards or anything to send out. I just got DD's Christmas photos taken, so at least one thing is out of the way!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

bluej
12-15-2003, 05:03 AM
Our first Christmas away from friends and family was the worst! My family called on Christmas Day and it didn't make it any better. The next year, when we still couldn't be home for Christmas, and one nephew had the Chicken Pox and my Dad had the flu and no one could get together was the BEST! I am so selfish! Anyway, I know how you feel Tammy. Even now, when we do get together w/ our families for Christmas, it doesn't seem like Christmas until we are w/ them. My house is decorated, I bake, I wrap presents, I read the books w/ the kids, but it's just not the same until we are w/ our families.

parkersmama
12-15-2003, 11:16 AM
I'm right there with you, Tammy. This Christmas has been a bummer so far. I've only really been excited about buying gifts for the kids. No big ideas for other people and I'd be happy getting no one gifts except the kiddos! For me it's due to the death of our little dog and also that awful business with my friend. I'm trying not to think of those things. I'm burning holiday candles and playing Christmas music to try to help! It's only working a little but I'm trying. :) Hope we'll all be feeling more Christmas-y soon!!

amp
12-15-2003, 11:40 AM
I *am* in the Christams spirit! Having Jacob as a part of our family this year makes is so much more special and makes me so much more grateful for all that I have my life. I am truly blessed.