PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Survivor!!!

McQ
12-15-2003, 08:56 AM
Way to go Sandra! I was so sweating it that Lill was going to pick Jon and there would be 2 people in the final 2 that I didn't like.

Did you catch Jon's slip up that he'll be in All Stars. It irks me that he'll be extending his 15 minutes. And bummed that they didn't show clips. Can't wait though!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

MelissaTC
12-15-2003, 09:49 AM
I am amazed Sandra and Lill were in the final two. I think Lill shot herself in the foot by taking Sandra with her but I was glad to see that Jon wasn't in the final two. I liked Sandra so I was happy to see her win.

I can't believe the post show. Burton did not say one word nor did Jeff really ask him any questions. DH and I were both surprised about that. We expected some questions to be raised regarding his alliance with Jon and how they manipulated the game for as long as they did. Oh well. He is still nice to look at. ;)

I, too, was disappointed that they didn't show any previews for Survivor All Stars. I CAN'T wait! That is going to be so awesome if even half the rumours are true! I LOVE some of the people rumoured to be on the castaway list including Rupert, Ethan, Big Tom (Africa), Colby (Australia) and Rob (Amazon). It should be great to see these people interact with one another.

Guess I will have to wait until Feb.!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-15-2003, 09:52 AM
I am so glad that Sandra won...I jsut remember how respectful she was in the town at the beginning when they bargained for supplies, she was kind to the people. since our boards were down over the week-end I spent 30 minutes on the Survivor board at parentsplace and was amazed to see how much people HATED Lil...after reading that I couldn't help but think that they saw that on the Island too...plus Lil was not in the game for the duration.

I do think Sandra didn't "sell" herself well enough at the end so I am glad that she won I was nervous over that.

I'm not certain John is in the All Stars, but I hope he is so these old timers can kick his butt!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Sarah1
12-15-2003, 11:12 AM
I really can't stand how the Survivor producers are totally enabling and supporting John being an a-hole. It just encourages people to act like jerks!

cinrein
12-15-2003, 11:17 AM
I haven't seen where they revealed who won yet (taped it), but I did catch the first 2 hours and the last 40 minutes of the reunion show. Anna needed some attention during the most critical part of the show!

I am so glad Lil didn't win. I liked Sandra, though I was a little disappointed in her when she let Crista take the rap for tossing out the fish when she really did it. Then again, she never pretended to be anyone's dying best friend and Crista couldn't do anything other than cry about it anyway.

I enjoyed this season of Survivor more than any other ever. I think it was because I generally liked most of the players this time. I would have been happy with really anyone winning other than Lil or Jon. Usually there are only 1 or 2 people that I like and they get booted off rather early.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

amp
12-15-2003, 11:39 AM
There was a prediction about Sandra winning way back right before it started. Some place that takes bets took so many bets that Sandra would win that they pulled the bet because they suspected word had leaked and it wouldn't be a fair gamble. Guess it was true. She wasn't my first pick, but she did give them their great start in the village! And thank goodness Lill or Jon didn't win. I still want to beat him up! I know I keep saying that, and I sound like a bully, but nowhere, ever, has someone induced that urge in me like he has! I can't belive people on the show weren't more suprised and ticked that he lied about Grandma!

lisaE
12-15-2003, 11:51 AM
I can't believe they weren't angry at Jon after that crap he pulled about his grandmother. Why were they all ok with that?

I am so glad Sandra won. To see Lill or Jon win that much money would have made me sick.

It was great to see Rupert. He is awesome.

And, of course, that HOT Andrew Savage. Wow, did he look handsome.

Lisa

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-15-2003, 12:15 PM
I hope Andrew is on the all stars, he seemed classy. I din't get to know him to much since I was so mad at his tribe. I wonder how the All stars will play out in that there might be alliances before it ever starts!!!!

Aslo John (and I didn't know this till over the week-end and he confirmed it last night) was an assistnat to some wrestler so he knew how to "market" himself to be talked about that is for certain!!-he still creeps me out but I do hope he is on the all stars so that he gets his butt kicked from day one!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

mrmansmom
12-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Oh yes, Andrew was very easy on the eyes!

I think Jon COMPLETELY crossed the line in lying about his grandmother's death. I realize that Survivor is just a game, but that kind of lie is flinging the bad karma door wide open. Within the game I can see the place of lying about your friends and strategy, but involving the health of your loved ones goes too far. Maybe it's a silly superstition, but I could never say that something horrible happened to someone in my family to gain an advantage. I didn't see the part when they brought this up, but I can't believe no one was angry with him. He came across as a total slime ball and I am so glad Lil did not choose him. I really hope that had I been in her shoes I would have also taken Sandra just so he wouldn't have the opportunity to win. Maybe he wasn't that bad in Panama, but he certainly came across poorly on TV. I didn't understand why no one really liked Lil. She was a little bit boring, but didn't seem to bad. I'm glad Sandra won. She was awesome in the beginning negotiating with the villagers.

I missed most of the reunion show, so I didn't hear about the all-stars. Did they say where that will be held?

toomanystrollers
12-15-2003, 02:35 PM
Do you think Lill would have won if she chose John? I'm guessing YES. You have to play to win until the very end!!!

egoldber
12-15-2003, 02:47 PM
I sort of had the impression that Lil thought Jon might be able to manipulate his way into the good graces of the jury. And given their repsonses on the post show about how they didn't think too badly about him for the grandmother lie, she might have been right. I think people who go into a game like Survivor have a definite mindset that you do whatever it takes to win. And the other players seem to respect that, even though they hate each other for it.

Also, given the editing job that the Survivor folks do, its kinda hard to KNOW on this side how people REALLY feel about the other players. They slice and dice the scenes to create drama and tension.

But I was glad Sandra won. I thought sahe played a good game. When her alliance collapsed she kept her wits about her and pulled herself toegther to move on. I thought she was one smart mama. :)

lizajane
12-15-2003, 02:53 PM
i didn't dislike lil, really. but she was so wishy washy and easily "led" that i didn't really think that she deserved to win the game. sandra DESERVED to win the game. she was honest, herself, a good friend to her real friends (rupert, christa) and she kicked ass in the village at the very beginning!!! i always felt bad for her during water challenges. i am a water person and would have LOVED all the water challenges. so i was sorry that she was at such a disadvantage there. swimming is hard for a lot of people!!

anyway. sandra deserved it and i am glad she won. i am sorry for lil that she COULD have won if she picked jon, but i TOTALLY agreed with her when she said that she picked the person who deserved to beat her. (does that make sense? i am still sick...) i mean, if i had to pick sandra or jon, i would risk losing JUST to be sure that jon didn't get the money. bastard!

and andrew is so tasty. :) hee hee.

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-15-2003, 04:36 PM
sorry pecking one handed-

but i think there is a very fine line in the producers letting jon lie on the island like that and the benefit it gave him. i mean lying is one thing to get hold in the confines of the island BUT using an outside force to do it and to be the vehicle to do it is really the outskirts of surviving. the more i think about an out side influence being involved the more i think it was almost grounds for not being allowed!

they will to draw the line of such a thing in the future for someone could call in with a tragic story. also now someone could go on and claim to be a cancer survivor etc... and get to take a little break more.
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

McQ
12-15-2003, 04:42 PM
I read some where that Jenna M (the one who won the Amazon) had to leave the All Star edition because her mother passed away from breast cancer. Rumor had it that she had already been voted off before that happened. So, so sad.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

llcoddington
12-15-2003, 04:57 PM
I cried when Sandra won! Maybe partly because I now have a newborn and am a bit emotional anyway! I am super happy that Sandra won because she was such an enjoyable person to watch. Next to Rupert, Sandra was my favorite!

Lana
Lauren Elise- born 12/5/03

doubleL
12-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Ok, so not a single one of my predictions came true, but I'm totally psyched about it. Sandra rocks!!!

So sad Jon F-Play will be in all-stars. I think it will kinda be like prison though... ya know how the inmates killed Dahlmer the first chance they got, I hope the castaways will vote Jon off the first chance they get.

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03

justlearning
12-15-2003, 06:06 PM
They may vote Jon out immediately because he's so annoying but it won't be because he lied about his Grandma's death or said incredibly insulting things about women to the camera, etc. The reason is that the All Stars Survivor has already finished filming, so none of the All Stars would have been able to see the show that just got through airing. In some ways, I think that it gives the members of this last Survivor (especially Jon, who's much more into manipulation than Rupert) an unfair advantage because the other All Stars won't have an understanding of the ways that they play the game because they never would have had the chance to watch them on TV. That is, if you've seen someone on TV play the game, then you would have a better "read" on them which could help you in knowing how well they can lie, etc.

Does anyone else agree that it can give the members of Survivor 7 an advantage? And what about time between tapings--do you think that the last Survivors would have an advantage there because they might be more fit than someone who hasn't been on Surivor for years or do you think it's a disadvantage because they were more recently under a lot of emotional and physical strain?