PDA

View Full Version : Does anbody else feel like their kid ALWAYS has a cold???

Sarah1
12-15-2003, 09:42 AM
Since Audrey starting crawling and starting taking classes (we currently do two)--and also since the weather started getting colder, I guess--I feel like she gets a cold like once or twice a month! Nothing major, just runny nose and congestion that lasts for around 5 days, but it drives me CRAZY! I dread the site of the bulb aspirator...can anyone else relate?? Tell me she'll grow out of this!

amyinNC
12-15-2003, 10:06 AM
Yes, that's us too - and I seem to catch everything! Not only that, I can never shake it. This time my cold turned into a sinus infection. DS gets better - but then catches another within a couple weeks. I guess I can't blame daycare - kids get sick everywhere.

I am getting better with the bulb - but DS is getting stronger... so it's harder to pin him down.

Amy
mom to Andrew 7-9-2003

parkersmama
12-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Sarah,
I will regretfully inform you that it does *not* get any better. Sorry! Oh, how I wish it did!! We seem to have cold after cold, especially in the winter but even in the summer sometimes. I've heard (from my pediatrician's wife) that getting the flu shot sometimes helps even with general colds and well-being so we might try that next year. I generally go with lots of hand-washing, separate hand towels, and vitamins! It only seems to have gotten worse as the boys have gotten older and been exposed to more and more germs. People often don't want to stay home from work to stay with a sick kid so they send them on to school. Of course, the germs get brought home and everyone gets sick. Ugh. I am soooooo tired of wiping snotty noses!! LOL!

sntm
12-15-2003, 11:55 AM
yup, jack has daycare syndrome. some degree of cold ranging from mild cough and runny nose to bronchiolitis and wheezing for 4 months. not a single day without some kind of symptom.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

brigmaman
12-15-2003, 03:08 PM
A friend and I were discussing this the other day. We both feel like our babes were sick all winter last year. But actually, ds also got sick in early fall of this year. Now he has his first "head cold." He has had ear infections, a stomach virus, bronchiolitis, and the croup (several times:()
So now that his biggest problem is post-nasal coughing, and a perpetually runny nose, I feel sort of relieved!
Oh, and ds has never been in daycare and I did bf. I asked the ped where Brig was picking up all of these germs, and he said it was most likely from me. :o

partyof5
12-16-2003, 03:48 AM
I know how you feel...threefold! Isabella brings it home from preschool and the two younger ones catch it. They've been sick off and on with a cold for at least 2 months. I keep taking them to the doctor to check their ears but thank goodness no ear infections. It just seems worse this year to me. I keep telling myself that at least they are building up an immunity. Oh, and it does get better. Isabella is over it within a couple of days but the 2 younger ones are sick at least a week.

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

starrynight
12-16-2003, 02:41 PM
Pretty much if you child comes in contact with anyone it's going to happen! Whether it's the parents bringing the stuff home from work or the kids are in daycare/playgroups etc. We aren't usually sick here too much but this fall since Alex started school we have had a few more colds than usual.