PDA

View Full Version : Hey Paula (newbelly2002) - questions for you!!!

McQ
12-15-2003, 11:53 AM
I could pinch myself I'm so excited. There's a chance that DH & I will be coming to Berlin some time early next year. I sure hope that I haven't jinxed myself by saying it out loud :) Can you give me some ideas of things to do while we're out there. And let me know if you'd want to get coffee or some thing. Would be fun to meet up!

Thanks!
Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

newbelly2002
12-15-2003, 05:15 PM
oh boy, I was so excited just to see something actually addressed to me--kinda like Christmas, just early! I've felt a bit like I have the "post o' death" recently: I post and conversation stops. I had begun to wonder if I said something wrong...but anyway.

Things to do: give me a guideline here. How long? What kinds of things do you and DH like to do: museums, architecture, nightlife (not too much help on this with a wee one, but I can scour my "sources"), food, shopping, politics/history. The absolute must sees include:
1) The Reichstag: the new governemnt building; 2) Potsdamer Platz: go see it at night--it makes a world of difference; 3) the Brandenburg Gate: it was just unveiled last year. Be sure to eat some "doner" (Turkish schwarma basically, cheap and tasty!), and--if you like ice cream--I'll let you in on a "locals only" secret on where to get the best in the city 4)Bergrun museum: it's about 10 minutes by foot from me and fanastic if you like Picasso 5) East Side Gallery: artists came from all over to make their mark on what remains of the wall, stellar, in my opinion 6) Jewish Museum: worth it for the archeticture alone. There's tons more, just email me and let me know specifics.

And, of course, I'd love to meet up for a coffee, dinner. You say the word!

Paula

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

McQ
12-16-2003, 12:14 PM
Thanks Paula!!! I'll e:mail you with more specifics. It'll be great to meet you.

Post o death. That's too funny :)

edited to add I just PM'd you.

Allison

newbelly2002
12-16-2003, 01:24 PM
PM? Zoikes, I'm so unaware. What is that? How do I access it? And most importantly, is it contagious?

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

McQ
12-16-2003, 02:41 PM
PM - private message :) I sent you an e:mail through the boards. But I never can tell if it goes to your BB inbox (that you can get to through the user menu) or if it went to your e:mail account that's hooked up to your BB account. I've gotten both types so I can't really tell what is what. As long as I've been here I still don't quite get the message system nor can I figure out how to make those cool fonts, bolds or italics :)

Let me know if you can't find the message and I'll resend.

Allison

newbelly2002
12-16-2003, 03:55 PM
Got it, thanks. I'll get back to you tonight or tomorrow, okay?

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

McQ
12-16-2003, 04:13 PM
Get back to me any time. Thanks.

Allison