PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: on my mom and my uncle! Many thanks!

kathsmom
12-15-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi, everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your prayers, thoughts, and support for my mom during this time. I told her about your messages of support and she was really touched. She asked me to give you all a big THANK YOU!

First the update on my mom. She went for her mammogram last Friday morning. The radiologist immediately read them and didn't find anything. She did an ultrasound on one breast, because she did see something, but it was a hematoma that was still healing from her accident that she had in October. The radiologist said that she was going to compare the mammogram and ultrasound results to the CAT scan. She said that she would call my mom and have her come in this week if she needed further tests done. My mom meets with the oncology surgeon this Friday to discuss the results. So, we are cautiously optimistic that there is nothing wrong.

My uncle, who had the stroke, had surgery last week to operate on his carotid arteries. They did one side last week and he did so well that they sent him home. They will operate on the other one this week.

My mom is still in the grieving process over my aunt who died, but she seems to be doing better each day.

Thank you all so much for everything!

Take care!

COElizabeth
12-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Toni,

I'm so glad to hear that the news looks good at this point!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

starrynight
12-15-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm so glad to hear things are looking up for both of them!

mommyj
12-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad things are looking okay at this point. I'll keep sending positive thoughts your way.

nigele
12-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Toni,

I'm glad to hear things are looking up. I'll be thinking of you and your Mom on Friday - please keep us posted!

Take care,

Sarah1
12-15-2003, 10:57 PM
Toni,

I am really glad to hear the positive update. I'd been thinking about you!

amp
12-16-2003, 02:58 PM
Toni, Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted and know that you & your family are in our thoughts. Take care...