PDA

View Full Version : Way, Way OT: Suggestions for a good nonsticky, nonflavored lipgloss

kathsmom
12-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi, everyone!

I love using lipgloss. I am not into lipsticks at all. Can anyone give me some recommendations for lipglosses that are nonsticky and nonflavored?

So, far I have used Lancome's Juicy Tubes, Neutrogena lipgloss, Clinique's Glosswear for Lips, MAC Lipglass, and Stila lipgloss (the one in the little metal tube - looks like a tiny tube of toothpaste). All of these were either too sticky, had flavor, or both.

I have been using Vaseline with a lipstick over it, but don't like doing that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bunnisa
12-15-2003, 01:58 PM
I REALLY like Kiehl's lip balm, although it has no color.

I usually go to this site when I have questions like yours:

www.makeupalley.com

You'll need to register. Then go to "Productville", then "MUA Top Picks" then select the "Lip Gloss" category from the drop-down menu to see the best rated lip glosses and their reviews.

I have found a lot of great beauty products by researching on this site! It's also fantastic to find out about inexpensive drugstore ones that are as good as or better than the expensive brands.

On the expensive side, you might like Chanel Glossimers, Giorgio Armani Shine Lip Gloss, or Chantecaille Lip Gloss.

HTH!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03

Tondi G
12-15-2003, 02:02 PM
You might want to try a product called Karite Lips... you can buy it at Whole foods. It is super moisturizing and will give you the same effect as Vaseline. It smells so yummy like Vanilla but no taste!!!!

Good Luck
~Tondi

sugarsnappea
12-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Philosophy makes a good one called Kiss Me. I bought a small tub of it for $10 at Sephora almost 2 years ago. I've only used about half, a little goes a long way. :)

justlearning
12-15-2003, 03:58 PM
This is my favorite too! I also like how if worn alone it makes my washed-out lips have a slight pink color (just a natural lip color--it's hardly tinted at all).

kathsmom
12-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will have to check them all out! I have heard good things about all the ones mentioned, but I like to get recommendations from people who have used the stuff IRL.

Thanks for the link to makeupalley.com! I will check that out as well. I am a big fan of Paula Begoun's book and website. I was even getting her newsletter, but had to let it lapse when DH was out of a job earlier this year. I use her skin care stuff and love it!

Looks like I am going to be doing some lipgloss shopping really soon!

Take care!

momtoemma
12-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Another thumbs for Kiehl's! I am a lip balm addict, and I love this stuff! They actually have it in 2 tinted versions now, a plain version and a plain version with spf. You can also get it at most Nordstrom's or kiehls.com