PDA

View Full Version : Any Game Boy experts out there?

sntm
12-15-2003, 01:22 PM
My 13 year old brother wants some Game Boy advance game called Bok pai or Bokpai or something like that. can't find this anywhere. Did i write the name down wrong? Should I just get him socks????

BTW, he claims that the game, subtitled "the sun in your hands" or something along those lines, has a special chip that requires direct sunlight to play certain portions. Could it be the Japanese have finally figured out a way to get video-game addicted children out into the sunlight??? If only they could make one that required you to be riding your bicycle or volunteering in a soup kitchen.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

starrynight
12-15-2003, 01:56 PM
I haven't a clue and usually I know this stuff since Alex loves gameboy. That is good about the sunlight but in some ways bad because then kids will just sit outside and play it instead of sitting inside. Either way it's the sitting idle for long periods of time that's the problem, oh well one step at a time LOL. Maybe you should work on that bicycle idea ;).

Toysrus.com has it!

eta link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AHOOF/qid=1071510773/sr=1-8/ref=sr_1_8/002-1799409-3412062?v=glance&s=videogames

I just went to video games and searched for "sun" because Boktai didn't come up in search, maybe the store itself will have it also but not sure.

jubilee
12-15-2003, 08:18 PM
My oldest son, Jacob, is definately the Game Boy expert and he had the whole scoop on this game! It is called Boktai: the Sun is in Your Hand. It has a solar sensor on the game that absorbs sun rays- the stronger the light the more that game environment and the Gun Del Sol are affected. If you play Boktai outside on a bright day, you'll be able to fry evil guys in a hurry. If you play on a cloudy day, the challenge will be far greater. According to Nintendo Power Magazine, it is a 4-4 1/2 star game out of 5, so it is really a winner. Hope this helps!

sntm
12-15-2003, 09:32 PM
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03