PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have bathtub crayons?

cdlamis
12-15-2003, 09:39 PM
I was thinking of getting those crayons to draw on the tub walls. When I mentioned this to my SIL (no kids), she said "won't that teach her to draw on all walls?"

At first, I laughed but now I am wondering if she's right. Any thoughts? Any experience? My initial thought is just to keep reinforcing that bath time is the ONLY time we draw on walls, but is that too much to expect?

Thanks!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b+

Rachels
12-15-2003, 11:10 PM
We have them! Abby loves them and does not draw on the walls. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

egoldber
12-15-2003, 11:37 PM
We have them too. Sarah likes them, and also does not draw on the walls. But honestly, Sarah is the type of child where I can leave crayons out on her easel all day and she has yet to draw on anything inappropriate (other than the sides of the easel, LOL!). It probably depends on the personality of your child. DD likes things to be "just so" and doesn't like things to be in places where they don't belong. Where she got this from, I'll never know, LOL! :)

luvbeinmama
12-15-2003, 11:59 PM
No, it teaches that there is a time and place for everything!

cdlamis
12-16-2003, 12:09 AM
I knew you all would have great insight and advice!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

MinnieMouse
12-16-2003, 08:08 PM
We have bath crayons for Beth. She only colors on the "pictures" that you can get to use with them. In fact when she goes off the page she gets upset and rubs it off the wall LOL! :-)

Another really awesome thing is Bath Tints. We use the Crayola ones. You can find them at Walmart (with the bubble bath) and Target (with the crayola products in the toy aisles). We tried the ones by Munchkin (I think) that are shaped like fish and they weren't as strong colorwise and didn't dissolve as well.

They are really great. Beth loves having different colors in her bath. They come in the three primary colors and you can double up on tablets to make the secondary colors. The color doesn't get on the tub, your child or their towels. It's a great alternative to bubble bath which we cannot use since dd a- is a girl and b- has excema.

HTH
Christine