PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with the Jupiter Island/ West Palm area of FLA?

brigmaman
12-16-2003, 10:31 PM
We are planning a January trip to visit my brother who lives in the Jupiter/Hobe Sound area of Florida. Since I have never been before, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with hotels/activities/shopping in the area. I know it is fairly close to West Palm so we could stay there.
I have done searches on a few travel websites, but am looking for more info since such sites won't tell you whether hotels/activities are baby-friendly.
Thanks! :)

cara1
12-17-2003, 02:22 PM
My grandparents live in West Palm. There is a beach with boardwalk, but nothing to write home about. There is a "rodeo" drive of Palm Beach. There is a fancy nice downtown area they build a few years ago, I forgot what it's called, but it's a nice square with shops, restaurants, etc, with these huge fountains where the water dances to music, etc. It's really cool. Best of all, Lion Country Safari. This place you drive through and see wild animals. There's a zoo thing at the end of the drive that's also a lot of fun and definitely great for a kid... Have fun!