PDA

View Full Version : How to display pictures with Santa?

Karenn
12-17-2003, 07:11 PM
How do you (or how does your mom) display your Santa pictures?

Each year my mom brings out the pictures of my brother and I with Santa that she had taken over the years. They are all still in the little 5x7 cardboard frames that they came in and every Christmas she lines them up on top of a bookcase. I have such fond memories of looking at those pictures as I was growing up.

I'd like to do something similar with all of Colin's Santa pictures. Here's my dilemma, and I know it sounds silly: Colin's picture didn't come with a little cardboard frame and I can't figure out how to display it at Christmas! (My skills are very limited in the creative domain!)

I know I could put it in a real frame, but I really don't have the space to store the frames that I know I would accumulate over the years. Is there a place where I could buy one of those cardboard frames? Does anyone have any other ideas on a space saving way to display Santa pictures? Should I just get real frames?

I'd love your input!

kapow
12-17-2003, 10:21 PM
What if you got one of those collage frames, and each year added that year's Santa picture? Similar to the ones people use to put their children's annual school pictures in.

Meatball Mommie
12-17-2003, 11:26 PM
If you'd like my cardboard frames, I'll mail them to you! I got 3 when I bought my pics of DS with Santa and I'm not planning on using them. You are more than welcome to them. I don't know how to coordinate getting your address since I don't want you to just post it here. Any suggestions?

Karenn
12-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Karen,
Thank you, that would be wonderful! I feel so silly actually WANTING cardboard frames, but I would love to have them! I'll send you a message through the boards with my address.

McQ
12-18-2003, 11:59 AM
I was cleaning out a closet one day and came across a box of photos that had pictures of my brother and I from when we went to see Santa when we were kids. I had them professionally framed (one frame with 9 cut outs) and gave it to my mother for mother's day. It went over in a big way.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

jmofarrill
12-18-2003, 01:55 PM
Hey, Karen, I just got 5 of those cardboard frames in black with gold edging. Let me know if you're interested. I'm leaving town on Friday, so I'll need to know before then.

Karenn
12-18-2003, 02:10 PM
Thanks Michelle! I think I'm set for the time being. Karen (Meatball Mommie) is going to send me her frames, and next year, I'm going to choose a Santa who sells frames with his pictures! (Or else start putting the pictures in one of those frames with multiple cutouts. I know Allison's mom must have loved the one she got!)