PDA

View Full Version : I've officially lost my mind...I'm flying with my 5 month old baby and my dog tomorrow...yikes!!!

mommyj
12-18-2003, 03:24 AM
Well, my long subject line says it all. We couldn't find anyone to come stay with our dog (our furry baby), so he's going home with us for the holidays. This isn't anything new, since he's flown with us for the past few years. But, this year we also have DS :)
The good news is that if there are any empty seats on the plane, I'm sure they will be the ones near us. Last time I flew with DS, only a few women were willing to sit by me. This time, we'll have a dog and a baby, so we'll probably scare everyone away (including ourselves). Wish me luck!!! I know DS is great when he flies, but my furry baby tends to bark during take-off and landing. At least DH will be there this trip. Last time I flew with DS, he couldn't come.
Anyway, I just want to wish you happy holidays in case I'm not online before the end of the year. It's been fun hanging out with all of you for the past year. I think I first found out about these boards last January when I was still pregnant.
Okay, I'll stop rambling. Happy holidays!!!

kapow
12-18-2003, 08:25 AM
Oh my, I think I might desert you too if I were on your flight! Ha ha, good luck. By the way, I hope you get to board early. I flew UA to Tampa last month with DS and they told me that they don't board early any more. Same thing happened to a friend on AA. I was finally going to get to take advantage of early boarding, and poof! no more benefit. It's an outrage!! :)

newbelly2002
12-18-2003, 09:44 AM
YOu can do it! I flew cross-continental alone with my 5 week old son on my chest, my cat in a duffle at my feet, and my shepard in cargo. The woman next to me thought I was certifiable for whispering to my bag (DS was sleeping and who wants to risk waking a sleeping babe?) until she heard the bag "meow" back.

Be sure to delegate one person on baby duty and the other on dog and luggage to make sure no one of the flesh or furry variety gets left behind in the hub-bub. Also, maintain you sense of humour, not to mention a suitcase full of patience, at all costs. And be sure a ridiculously strong hot chocolate is waiting for you both on the other end.

Good luck!
Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02