PDA

View Full Version : OT: Experiences with Overstock.com

liya
12-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Was shipping quick? And did you get everything you ordered correctlly? Im thinking about placing a huge order and just thought i would ask..thanks

houseof3boys
12-18-2003, 11:23 AM
It depends on what you order if shipping is quick. The items come from all over the country and clearly not out of one big central warehouse. Example: Last big order I did, I got something within 2 days and the rest of the stuff trickled in for a week. One of the items (a DVD) took 2 weeks to get to me!

I love overstock and order from them all of the time (too much of the time lately)! :)

Welcome Back, btw!

mik8
12-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Same experience here. The yakima beetle took over 2 weeks while an MP3 player in just 2 days. It really varies.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-18-2003, 03:48 PM
same experience here. The good thing is that you can go on the site and see exactly when each piece of your order will arrive, and track it with one click.

I got a bunch of magazine subscriptions there really cheap, and did most of my Christmas shopping there.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Jen in Chicago
12-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Our Beetle arrived in a few days. Wonderful experience! I will order more from them.

bunnisa
12-18-2003, 05:23 PM
I've gotten some GREAT deals from Overstock.

My latest was a beautiful 8' x 11' rug for our church for only $219, with $2.95 shipping! You can't beat that with a stick!

Be aware, though, that colors don't show up well on monitors, and if you don't like the color when you get it home you'll have to pay regular shipping to return it. But you probably already knew that.

have fun!

Bethany
It's a Boy!
William Eric (Wilkes)
6/16/03

pritchettzoo
12-18-2003, 09:16 PM
I love Overstock! If you have a Upromise account for Ari, go through there for 2 or 3%. Ebates doesn't give a rebate for them.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

CherylT
12-19-2003, 10:10 AM
I've had the same experiences as others - some stuff comes in a couple days, some stuff takes almost 2 weeks. My understanding is that to keep shipping costs down they sometimes truck (via their own trucking company) items to a central shipment place and then FedEx or whatever from there (this is what they've told me when I've questioned where my packages were). For instance some sheets I ordered were trucked privately from Utah to Ohio, then FedExed to me from Ohio - this took almost 2 weeks. One item that was shipped via UPS arrived in 2 days, stuff sent via USPS arrived in just under a week. I love Overstock and they have very good customer service as well. HTH

Cheryl
SAHM to Lilli 9/20/00 & Alec 10/21/02