PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Lord of the Rings!!

esianoyam3
12-18-2003, 12:23 PM
DH and I are going on a date tonight! We're leaving the baby with grandma, and going to see "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King." I'm so excited!! This has been an extremely crazy holiday season, but tonight, we actually just get to have some "us" time... Yay!!

JulieL
12-18-2003, 12:59 PM
DH and I are going on saturday afternoon. I am SSSSOOOOOOO excited. We don't see movies very often and this set of movies are my favorites!!! DH is finishing up his first sememster of med school tomorrrow. Needless to say I haven't seen him much these last two weeks because of finals. So I to am with you on being excited for "us" time!!!

kapow
12-18-2003, 01:17 PM
DH offered to babysit on Sunday while I go all by myself to see it. Yay! I don't have to explain what's happening to DH, I can just enjoy the film (and I can put jalapenos all over the nachos, hahaha). During the last movie he kept bugging me about whether "Saran Wrap" was one bad guy or two. I think he was just needling me :)

Virginia Dad
12-18-2003, 01:36 PM
We saw it last night. It's a great movie, but for diehard LOTR fans, you will definitely notice some things from the book that were left out. Of course, including those things would have made the movie even longer than it is. I know some of the things left out will be in the extended version DVD. It's very hard to take a fantasy type story like LOTR and make it into a movie, much less a trilogy, but Peter Jackson has done a fantastic job. The cast he put together is amazing. I have also read that once he is done making King Kong, he might tackle the Hobbitt.

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Please blow Aragon kisses for me...heck if your close enough to the screen just lick it for me :)...
We hope to got his week-end!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

luvbeinmama
12-19-2003, 02:13 AM
Can I just say.... JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! We won't be seeing it 'til sometime next week or so. Can't wait!

dogmom
12-19-2003, 10:50 AM
I paid for a last minute ticket to have my Mom come up for Christmas. (She got it off at the last minute.) I'd like to say it was all motivated so she can see her first grandchild on Christmas, but I know in the back of my mind I was thinking: "Hmmm...maybe she can babysit so we can go see Lord fo the Rings."

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

cchavez
12-19-2003, 10:58 AM
WE are going to see it too when my parents come up! Can't wait!!!

gour0
12-19-2003, 12:02 PM
My SIL is coming over tomorrow night so we can go out. I'm actually bummin because I want to see Mona Lisa's Smile. DH said "No Way!" I've been dissappointed with the 1st two. I am a purist and get stuck on the things they change. "Why did they do THAT?" Also, visually the violence is more than I like. I kind of just mentally skip over it in the books. But, a night out for the two of us does sound great!

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-20-2003, 08:25 PM
We gambled big time and took Tristan :)...I planned a head and drove two different cars than the one our friends went in assuming we'd have to come home!!! He slept about the last 2/3rds...whew!!!!

We enjoyed it very much!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

egoldber
12-20-2003, 08:46 PM
Neve, we used to take Sarah to the movies all the time until she wabout 9 months old! The loud noises usually just put her right to sleep!