PDA

View Full Version : OT- Sewing ladies! What to make from recieving blankets and prefold diapers?...

MamaKath
12-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Okay, I know there are a bunch of you out there! I saw in another forum the count of sewing machines, so I know this is the right site to ask at, although I can't remember which board ya'll were talking on. ;-) (Thinking now, I guess I could search, lol, but most of you stop in here as well)

I have a ton of recieving blankets- flannel, as well as the double cottom knit ones. Any project ideas?

Also prefold diapers- I have about 200 diaper service cloth diapers. Any good projects to use them for? The are collecting dust in a box now, which is terrible, they could be made into something right???

TIA~

Karenn
12-18-2003, 06:31 PM
Ok, here's an idea for turning the diapers into cute burp cloths. Someone did this for me and gave it to me at my shower and it was so cute that I had to make more for myself and as gifts!

Take the diapers and roughly measure the size of the center panel. Cut a piece of fabric that is slightly larger than the size of the center panel. (On the ones I got, the fabric was cute prints of duckies, ladybugs, teddy bears etc. If the receiving blankets are cute, you could use them for the fabric and then kill two birds with one stone. :) ) Press in the edges of the fabric about 1/4 inch with an iron then stitch the fabric square to that center panel of the diaper. You end up with really cute burp cloths that you can give as gifts.

That's as creative as I get! ;)

Piglet
12-18-2003, 07:02 PM
I only have a second, but I used a bunch of my receiving blankets and made a quilt for DS now that he is older and sleeps with a blanket. I found a really easy pattern and learned a few great tricks about quilting. It didn't take very long at all and DS loves his blanket. I love the memories of all those blankets. If you want more info, I'll gladly fill you in, but I have to run right now.

msegal @ petro-canada.ca (remove spaces)

egoldber
12-18-2003, 08:38 PM
Are you sure you wouldn't rather sell those prefolds and get some money back? If you could find a local buyer to avoid shipping (killer with prefolds), you could probably get $.50 to $1 per prefold.

HTH,