PDA

View Full Version : When did your BIG baby start sleeping TTN?

heva
12-18-2003, 07:15 PM
OK moms of big babies (>95 percentile by 1 month), when did your baby start sleeping through the night? My mom says big babies sleep more because they eat more, but I dunno...let's find out!

Karenn
12-18-2003, 07:27 PM
LOL! Colin was big when he was born, 8lbs 14oz, but he didn't sleep through the night for more than a year! Oh don't I wish your mom had been right in our case! That would have been heaven!

toomanystrollers
12-18-2003, 07:30 PM
I can't vote b/c Neve is still nursing several times during the night. She was 10 lbs., 23" at birth and at her 4 month checkup, she was in the 99% for height and 85% for weight. SO my big baby is not sleeping through the night - blows that theory out of the water :)

bluej
12-18-2003, 07:36 PM
My doctor told me that bigger babies need to eat more frequently and therefore don't sleep through the night until later . Caden at 9 lb 8 oz at birth proved that theory to be correct and Ryden at 8 lb 11 oz seems to be living by that theory as well.

mom2kandj
12-18-2003, 07:43 PM
I didn't vote because both of mine were always 50-75 percentile for weight and height, which is pretty good sized for BF babies.

FWIW - Both of them were sleeping through the night(at least 6 hours and sometimes up to 10) at ten weeks. We did CIO for both and were very lucky that both kids adapted within 3-4 days. If we did it again, I probably wouldn't put so much pressure on myself regarding their sleeping habits. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
& Jack (19 months)

brigmaman
12-18-2003, 08:18 PM
I don't know if I clicked twice to vote, or whether my vote registered. Ds was only 6lbs 12oz at birth, but by his 2 month appt.(I don't have anything but his 2 month weight) he was 14 lbs. which was the 95th percentile for weight. He has been around the 95th percentile ever since. He woke every 2 hours during the night to nurse until 5 months and then slowed down as I stopped nursing. Around 9 months he started only waking twice. I took away the bottle around 12 months and he started sleeping TTN. I think his night waking was extreme. I tried everything, and have no idea whether he woke because he was actually hungry or not. :)

lizajane
12-18-2003, 08:29 PM
schuyler was 9lbs 9oz and 22 inches at birth. he was 95th percentile for both height and weight for his 2 week, 4 week, 8 week and 12 week appts. he was 100th percentile at his 4 month appt.

he is now 90th for height and 75 for weight (as of 6 months, so it will prob. change at his 9 month appt.)

he slept through at nine weeks. with some help from the "baby whisperer" book.

emilyf
12-18-2003, 08:42 PM
DS was sleeping about 7 1/2 hours at 2 months, 9 hours at 3 months and 12 or more at 4 months. He was 9 lbs 2 oz at birth.
Emily \r\nmom of Charlie born 11/02

jesseandgrace
12-18-2003, 08:47 PM
I couldn't vote because I need a still not sleeping through the night category. Grace was 8 pounds 13 ounces at birth and 22 pounds at her six month last week. She is not even close to sleeping through the night. She is all BF, and we just started baby food. My DS is three now and was basically as big. He didn't sleep through the night until at least one and a half.

Jennifer

cinrein
12-19-2003, 10:04 AM
Anna was 9 lbs, 21 inches at birth. At 2 mos she was 95th percentile for height and weight. Off the charts for weight at 4 mos and still 95th for height, back the 95th for both at 6 mos. At her 10 mo check up last Monday she dropped to 85th for weight and 96th for height.

She started sleeping TTN at 10 weeks. She would sleep 11 hours straight. Unfortunately, this ended at 6 mos and has yet to return on a regular basis. While she doesn't always need to eat at night, she does wake up for other unknown reasons. :)

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Dcclerk
12-19-2003, 01:57 PM
I can't vote, either, b/c DS who is 6 months is nowhere close to sleeping through! He currently goes down at around 7 p.m. and wakes up around 11 p.m., 3 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. He, too, is breastfed, and we have just started cereals. Incidently, even when given at night, they seem to make no difference in his waking up. And he truly NEEDS to eat. FWIW.. DS has been 95%+ in heighth and 50-75% in weight from the beginning through now.

amp
12-19-2003, 03:48 PM
I voted for btwn 3-6 mths. Jake first slept through the night at about 3 mths, but it wasn't consistent until lately. Now he usually sleeps from about 7/8pm until about 6/7am. Occasionally he gets us up once, or gets us up earlier, but it's a lot more consistent.

Oh, and Jake was 10lbs 9oz at birth and has consistently been anywhere from the 75th to above the 100th percentile for weight and height (I have it all written down somewhere). He just now seems to be slowing down in his growth at 6 mths.

I hated it when from birth until now people always ask, "How does he sleep?" Ummm, like a baby? Or "Is he sleeping through the night yet?" I would always think, "geez, he's like 3 mths old, give him a chance!" I would always feel like I was defending him when I would explain that he usually got me up between 2-4 am to eat!