PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Plano, Frisco, Allen, TX moms and dads

flagger
12-19-2003, 01:11 AM
Well the word has come in and Ms. Flagger is to report to Texas as of January 19th. We have a 60 day notice requirement on our house so I will probably be here until the middle of February taking care of Cocoa alone.

We start packing this weekend and go full force the day after Christmas. It is bittersweet as we have come to know and love many people here in NC, but this gets us closer to family (but still far enough away for a drop in visit), Blue Bell Ice Cream and gives us an instant raise because of no state income tax.

I will want to start looking for playgroups and of course a pediatrician. Cocoa's nine month appointment is the 24th of February so depending on when she finds a house and its availability, we might go to that appointment and head out the next day.

Anyone on here from that area feel free to post or email me at flagger /at/ stayathomeparents.us

AngelaS
12-19-2003, 07:47 AM
My sister used to live in Allen and LOVED it!

She also used to hit the very BEST garage sales (if you're into that... LOL) She would send my girls BOXES of super nice clothes that I sure couldn't find at the garage sales here! LOL

lizamann
12-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Nice of Mrs. Flagger's job to give you such long notice! Good luck with the transition.

ktdid74
12-19-2003, 09:21 AM
Oh Flagger, I'm so jealous!! I moved to Maine from that area almost 3 years ago and want to go home! Anyway, Plano is the most expensive of the areas but has good schools. Frisco has built up so much over the past 5 years it's unbeliveable (read: awful traffic) while Allen would be a nice compromise. They're all nice communities though and you'll have unbeliveable shopping at close range- I know guys find that important. And don't get me started on not having Blue Bell...
I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a pedi. I can give you a few names cause I worked in L&D in the hospital in Plano.
Good luck with the move and enjoy Texas!

flagger
12-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Thanks.

We are not looking for schools yet because we are sure to get moved again after this assignment (before Cocoa reaches school age).

The office is in Plano and she wants to keep her commute to 10-30 minutes max which is why we looked at those communities.

Would love to find a pedi in private practice (we are very spoiled with ours), but we will have to look when we get there and what is on our insurance...the usual drill.

We are from Houston originally, so I know we will enjoy Texas but we so love it where we are, but just have no choice. She asked what was the one thing I was most looking forward to and I said "Not having to drive 17 hours to visit family." She said "No state income tax!!!"

Anyway, I have seen some posts from moms in that area and I hope to hear from them as well. She has to report on the 19 of January.

cchavez
12-19-2003, 09:43 AM
We live in Allen and love it! I used to work for Plano ISD and when we first started looking for a home we looked in Plano. But we built the same exact house (same builder) for about 50K less in Allen...even thought the other house we looked at was only 5 minutes down the street in Plano. We live in West Allen where most of the newer houses have been built. But I think there are alot of new properties coming up in North East Allen too.

As far as play groups, I haven't joined one yet (long story) but hope to after the holidays. There are several to choose from.....

We really like our pediatrician and several friends go to him too. What I love is that he and his partner are located 5 minutes from my house!!!

Finally, Plano is very nice but more expensive and Frisco is nice too but there is tons of retail there and for some reason traffic is always congested.

I know there is tons more info. I could give you please email me if you need more info!

Also, check out www.allenonline.com

flagger
12-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Thanks, I sent you an email.

cchavez
12-19-2003, 03:15 PM
I haven't received the email. Can you try again....
[email protected]

lisaE
12-19-2003, 07:15 PM
I am excited to know that there are folks near me here! DH and I live in Plano and love it so much. Our baby will not be born for another month, but a couple of friends have told me about their pediatrician, who they love and DH and I plan to use as well. I will email you with the info. Congrats on the move- I hope you love it here as much as we do!

Lisa

lisaE
12-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Flagger-

I tried to email you the info but for some reason, hotmail will not recognize your *******. I'll just post it here:

Scott Katz, MD
4100 W. 15th, Ste. 100
Plano, TX
972-596-2131

I have not met him yet but he does come very highly recommended. He did his residency at Children's Hospital of Dallas and is affiliated with Medical Center of Plano. Hope this helps! If you have any questions about this area let me know. Again congrats on the move.

Lisa

flagger
12-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Sorry, my server crashed at my webhost provider which has fubar'ed up part of my email. I will email you again.

Thanks