PDA

View Full Version : What should I give my daycare provider for Christmas?

littleme2
12-19-2003, 11:36 AM
Hi, DD is 4 mo and she just started daycare 2 weeks ago. I really love everything about this daycare center, from having 4 adults for 6 children, cloth diapering, and teaching the babies how to sign.

She is primarily looked after by 2 ladies and yesterday she received a stuffed animal and book by one lady, and a stuffed animal by the other lady that looks after her. Then, she got another present of a board book by a lady that does not look after her.

I have no idea what to give these wonderful providers. I am paying an arm and a leg for this daycare and don't have much leftover (plus having to buy presents for family and friends).

If I had extra money, I would definitely do gift certificates for facials or massages.

Should I give all 4 ladies a gift or just the 2 that look after her? I don't want anyone to feel left out.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Meetu
DD 8/15/03

jmofarrill
12-19-2003, 11:47 AM
At dd's dc, there are two main teachers, two interns or helpers, 1 lady who's daughter is in the nursery so she stays there in the mornings, and 1 lady who "loves Anwyn best" even though she doesn't work in the nursery. Add in the director, and there were seven people I thought I should give gifts to. I gave each of them $10 gift certificates to Outback Steakhouse. I was in a bit of a quandry about giving the main teachers something more, but everyone there is so devoted to Anwyn, I did not want to make distinctions between them.

littleme2
12-19-2003, 01:13 PM
That's a great idea! I just wish it wasn't so darned expensive!

Meetu
DD Sahana - 8/15/03