PDA

View Full Version : Finally took Sydney out ALONE

TraciG
12-19-2003, 07:47 PM
We went to Babies R Us ( where else ! ) anyway i'm proud of myself, it wasn't too tough since she slept the whole time, thank God !!

flagger
12-19-2003, 10:56 PM
You have taken a big step. Congratulations. The real test will be when your DH takes your DD out without YOU.

heva
12-20-2003, 12:16 AM
Way to go, Traci!

AngelaS
12-20-2003, 08:56 AM
LOL Flagger, you are SO right. Gabrielle is 19 months and dh and I just discussed that he has NEVER taken her anywhere alone. he's planning to take both girls out shoppign for my stocking stuffers today tho....

jojo2324
12-20-2003, 08:59 AM
Congrats Traci!!

And LOL Flagger. I remember the first time I left Gannon home alone with DH...I went to CVS for something silly, and was home in about 20 minutes. I felt so lost! :)

heva
12-20-2003, 11:44 AM
AWESOME avatar!

hez
12-20-2003, 03:01 PM
Congratulations!

Some of my easiest first times out were meeting my work girl friends for lunch... We'd be out maybe an hour and a half at the most. If I fed DS just before we left, he'd usually sleep the whole time, and it was nice to have adult conversations!

We just did our first real grocery trip alone together on Monday, and boy was THAT an experience I don't need to repeat until he can sit up by himself in a cart :) DH is coming with us tomorrow to help!!

AngelaS
12-22-2003, 08:05 AM
I have to correct my post..... DH did take both girls to Target yesterday to buy my stocking stuffers. We discussed the fact that he hadn't taken them out before and then I remembered that he HAD in fact taken Gabrielle out alone before....

When she was about 2 days old, he took her to the doctor's office alone to have her weight checked. The ped. is a friend of mine and seemed surprised, yet impressed to find him instead of me. :) I had lost so much blood when I had her that I just didn't feel up to the trip...

KGoes
12-22-2003, 10:39 AM
LOL! Did you get the screaming baby discount at the grocery store? Our Krogers not only opened up a lane just for us and provided two people to unload/load the cart, but they took $5 off of my bill. I think it was a bribe to keep DD out until she gets over her grocery store issues.
Kelley
DD born 7/03

sadie427
12-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Isn't that the truth about the husbands though? But once I suggested it, turned out DH was waiting for me to offer, and now he takes him on errands almost every weekend. Gets a lot of interesting comments walking around with him alone in the Bjorn--mostly "where's mommy?"!

And congrats Traci! BRUS is good because they have a nursing room--so do Ikea, and I think most Nordstrom's, not sure where else. Not that you necessarily need that, but it's nice!

pale_ale
12-22-2003, 10:31 PM
LOL! Speaking of comments ... DH always takes DD1 to the grocery store & to her ped visits -- early in her first year, the ped staff wanted to know if we were getting a divorce b/c I wasn't there! He also laughs about the comments about "is this Daddy's weekend?" that he gets when he runs around with her on weekends.

As for solo trips with BOTH of them -- only I have been brave enough yet ... DD1 is 15 mos and DD2 is only 9 weeks ... my trip was to the mall, and I forgot the diaper bag in the car in all my haste and excitement. Go figure.

hez
12-23-2003, 04:54 PM
Way too funny! I'm just picturing that scene in my head... And my friends think I'm spoiled that DH had made every grocery trip up 'til then-- more like a necessity than a nice-to-have :)