PDA

View Full Version : OT--Getting carpet professionally cleaned

s7714
12-20-2003, 02:57 AM
I need to get my living room carpet cleaned. I know some companies say they use "environmentally friendly" or whatever methods, but which methods are baby safe? The living room is pretty much DD's roaming/playing territory, so I'm really concerned that the cleaning not leave anything bad that she'd be exposed to because she's crawling around on the carpet.

Has anyone had any experience with a baby safe method of professional carpet cleaning? I'd appreciate any info. you have.

TIA,
Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

heidi_timms
12-20-2003, 03:34 AM
I would definitely check into a safe method. Kelly Preston does some sort of public service message about how one of her children got some sort of disease from carpet chemicals. It was an message/ad in a baby magazine. I read it a while ago and can't remember the exact details.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

lukkykatt
12-20-2003, 09:41 AM
Here it is: http://www.checnet.org/improve_main.asp

I need to get our carpets cleaned too, but have been putting it off because I wanted to look this up. Thanks for giving me the nudge!

brubeck
12-20-2003, 11:29 AM
I used Coit and they swore up and down (and in writing) that the chemicals they used were non-toxic and safe for babies and pets, even when the carpet was still wet.