PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! My avatars stink!

jojo2324
12-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Why can't I figure this out? Everybody else has nice, clear pictures of their little ones, and you can actually SEE facial features. All you can see in Gannon's last picture are his teeth. I try resizing the photos down, but they still look crummy. What am I doing wrong? (And yes, I am the most computer illiterate person on the planet, and I don't take very good pictures, and Gannon RARELY smiles for the camera, and, and, and...)

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-20-2003, 11:00 PM
Joanne...I think it is the tiny "space" we have for avatars. There is a site that I recently found and after the persons thread is the picture of choice...it is large!!! I wonder what it would take to get larger avatoars, or if anyone would even be interested in that. I know I would like to see our picutres more so we can see facial expressions.

But with that said I think your avatar is marvelous!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

egoldber
12-20-2003, 11:05 PM
It takes trial and error for me to find one I like, so it is NOT just you! I have had the best luck with pictures that are very close up, mostly just her head, so that I don't have to crop a whole lot. I then re-size the image to be 48x48. But I sometimes have to play with 2-3 to find a good one.

HTH,

mom2kandj
12-21-2003, 01:51 AM
Joanne -

Just wait until you have two! :) ITA that it takes a lot of trial and error to get a DECENT avatar! There are some really *pretty* avatars that are perfect, but my world is far from perfect and my best avatars are the ones where both kids are squished together! LOL!

Rose
mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
& Jack (19 months)

chrissyhowie
12-21-2003, 07:42 AM
Rose,

I've always wanted to tell you how much I LOVE your avatars! Such great, fun pictures! You can totally see how much your kids love hanging out together!

mom2kandj
12-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Thanks! I kind of feel bad for DS as DD is hugging him to death in every pic and he just kinda *takes* it! :)

Rose
mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
& Jack (19 months)