PDA

View Full Version : For those with a little extra time on your hands...

s_gosney
12-21-2003, 02:27 AM
I could use your help.
Let me first say. Hi, my name is Sherri, and I'm a procrastinator. :)

Now that that's out, here's the deal. I'm trying to make a collage like Lori's (isn't everyone?) but I'm having difficulty with the pictures...well, mostly just with picking which ones to use. I'm not thrilled with some of them, but I don't know how to make them any better. It always seems like things turn out better when others have done them. Or maybe it's just me that feels that way. Anyway, if anyone's interested and could spare a few moments in their busy pre-Christmas rush, feel free to give some feedback on the pictures I have so far. I just really want it to be good and I need some reassurance (or someone to tell me that they stink and to find another gift idea). Thanks for looking!
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35fe6bc45ee

Dcclerk
12-21-2003, 02:38 AM
Sherri,

I think that you have plenty in there to make a great collage, so if you are inclined to stop now, I think you absolutely should. That foot pic was absolutely to die for and should get a place of prominence in whatecer you do.

If you were planning on taking some more pictures and just looking for suggestions, then the only thing that I can think of, is be consistent with your background. First, b/c your DD has so much fabulous dark hair, you probably want a white background. Then, it should be consistent and the exact same one for each picture, like a big white sheet so that there is nothing else that gets accidently added. And you could have very little background actually in the picture so DD's features are very big relative to the background. That's the only suggestion I couldcome up with. Regardless of whether you end up taking more pictures or go with theones you have, this will be a great present.:)

mrmansmom
12-21-2003, 02:12 PM
I agree totally! I just love all the dark hair! This is a wonderful gift idea- and a wonderful keep idea, too. :)

Momof3Labs
12-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Sherri, the first time I looked at our pictures, I didn't think we had a worthy project either! One thing that helped me was to crop the pictures - I cut a 3"x3" opening out of white paper and just moved it over each picture until I saw something good.

I would suggest sticking with pictures that are clear, but you probably knew that already. I think that you have plenty here - you don't even have to use 9, like we did - go with 4 or 6 if that's what makes you happy. Even 8, arranged two across and four down, would be interesting.

lizamann
12-22-2003, 03:42 AM
Lori, I missed this. Do you have a link to the final product?

Momof3Labs
12-22-2003, 11:32 AM
It's in this thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=84&topic_id=19&mesg_id=19&page=