PDA

View Full Version : It is not in me to Re-Gift

farsk
12-21-2003, 10:00 AM
Hello Everyone!

Inspired by the hatred of the gift-exchange thread, I was wondering what everyone did with those awful gifts. I can not re-gift....because I don't want people thinking I give awful gifts. My mom (whose clients often give her awful gifts) just chucks them in the trash before she goes home every night. I just can't bring myself to do that...yet. So what do you do with them?

Thanks! and Happy Holidays!

lukkykatt
12-21-2003, 10:16 AM
If there is someone I know who would like something that I got (but did not like), I give it to them. But I don't give it to them like it is a gift from me, I just give it to them. As in "I got this but can't use it - can you?" Or after the holidays, we usually give a bunch of stuff away, and I would include it with that stuff if I don't know anyone who might like it.

One of my "problems" is that I can't throw anything away if it is usable! I always try to find another "home" for it!

Rachels
12-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Donate them!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

brubeck
12-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Oh I regift all the time.... to my MIL. }(

My husband's work has a White Elephant party in January. Everyone brings the awful gifts they got at Christmas and does an open exchange. They do a lottery and person #1 gets to chose, then person #2, etc. There are also 'stealing' rules I believe.

My husband loves this and we always look for the cheesiest gift. The rest we either give to MIL (can you tell my husband doesn't do any shopping?) or donate to charity.

Momof3Labs
12-21-2003, 05:09 PM
I donate most things - a local humane society has a resale shop, and they love getting this stuff because it is almost always brand new! But occasionally I save a few "special" items for a white elephant gift exchange - we do one every couple of years at work.

I can't believe your mom just dumps them in the trash - does she have a Goodwill or Salvation Army where she can dump them at the end of the season?

Melanie
12-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Ebay or donate to thrift shops, etc.!