PDA

View Full Version : good news about being sick all week

lizajane
12-21-2003, 09:00 PM
well, after missing all my fun holiday stuff and getting myself into quite a pickle concerning ds's holiday gift that i can't possible finish in time i have one silver lining for being sick ALL week...

I FIT INTO MY RED PANTS!!!!!!!

i haven't been able to wear them because i bought them at an end of season sale, then gained some weight the next year and couldn't get into them, then got pregnant and CERTAINLY coudln't get into them, then i still had a little post-partum weight leftover so i couldn't fit my "baby house" waist into them...

BUT!!! after a week of the nasty flu, i wore them last night to my family's christmas party and they looked great! my jeans are positively saggy. and a friend even asked if the sick week made me lose weight because i looked skinny.

it will all come back this week of brownies and cookies and turkey dinners... but who cares. i am skinny and cute this weekend, darn it!

MartiesMom2B
12-21-2003, 09:22 PM
Liza:

You're already a stick. You must look like a twig now, with all that weight gone. ;)

I hope you have a great Christmas!!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

jec2
12-22-2003, 12:06 AM
What a silver-lining to a rotten week of sickness. Should I not got a flu shot so that I have more than two outfits (both sweat-suits) to wear?!!