PDA

View Full Version : Great Moses Basket?

daisymommy
12-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Okay, I knwo I should post this in the nursery essentials forum, but--no offense, everyone over there are moms-to-be, without any real experience! You gals know what the good stuff is ;)

What type of Moses Basket is good, that you could actually pick up by the handles and carry around from room to room. It would be great if I could get a bumper pad/bedding to fit inside it.

No, I don't need it for ME (yet;)). It's for a friend's baby shower.

etwahl
12-21-2003, 09:44 PM
i bought a wendy bellissimo moses basket (actually from babystyle) and it was wonderful and fabulous. very luxurious :) however, i never carried the baby around inside the moses basket. from my understanding, you're not supposed to carry them around in any moses basket. i would say if you really wanted to carry around, then i would carry by the bottom of the basket (not by the straps).

most people don't go for the moses basket, because they're not REALLY necessary. i used mine a handful of times, but i did love having it, and hope to use it again when the time is right :)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs
12-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Tammy is right. I have one from Martha Stewart, and all of the ones I found have the warning that you shouldn't carry it by the handles. And skip the bumper pad - IMO, it is just a suffocation hazard (the basket is so small already).

AngelaS
12-22-2003, 07:54 AM
I had a basket I bought at a garage sale, that is more a Longaberger style of weaving than a traditional Moses basket. It also has handles on the ends rather than the sides. It's a bit smaller than a regular Moses basket but G slept in it for several months. It was VERY sturdy and I had NO qualms about carrying her around in it. :)

nigele
12-22-2003, 12:58 PM
I have one from PBK. It came with a bumper which worked great - it was thin enough that it didn't seem dangerous. I never carried it using the handles when the baby was in it - I carried it from underneath.

phirey
12-22-2003, 09:39 PM
We had a gorgeous Wendy Bellisimo. Unlike others, we used the heck out of ours. DD slept in it day and night unitl she was about 3 months old. I kept it on a large chest at the foot of our bed at night so I had easy access to her when she cried. During the day she often slept in it on the coffee table or kitchen table, depending on where I was. I admit to carrying her in it a few times, but never by the handles. I would pick up the whole thing with both arms wrapped around it. That way if I needed to go downstairs I could take her with me without waking her...