PDA

View Full Version : LATEST UPDATE ON MY MOM AND UNCLE!

kathsmom
12-22-2003, 01:57 AM
Hi, everyone!

My mom and I just want to thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts lifted up on her behalf, as well as my uncle's.

My mom went the the oncology surgeon on Friday (she'd had a mammogram and ultrasound the previous Friday and the radiologist said that she didn't see anything). The surgeon told my mom that she had gotten the full report from the radiologist and after looking at the report, the CAT scan, mammogram, and ultrasound, she said that she didn't see anything. Another ultrasound is going to be done in 4 months and the oncology surgeon said that if nothing had changed, then she would discharge my mom as a patient. So, in a nutshell there is nothing in her breast and things look very positive!

My uncle had his 2nd carotid artery surgery this past Wednesday and they sent him home on Thursday. He seems to be doing even better after this surgery than the one the previous week.

So, thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, notes of support and concern. My mom is so grateful to you all for thinking of her and our family during this time.

Take care and I hope that each of you have a wonderful holiday season!

toomanystrollers
12-22-2003, 07:16 AM
Thank you for the update. What wonderful news! Continued best wishes to you and your family :)

jojo2324
12-22-2003, 08:49 AM
Toni, wonderful news!!! I am so happy to hear the update...Thanks for letting us know. You have a wonderful holiday too! :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-22-2003, 09:31 AM
That is wonderful...thanks for keeping us posted!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

amp
12-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Toni - That is really wonderful news! I am so pleased that things seem to be looking up and that you shared the update with us.

parkersmama
12-22-2003, 10:38 AM
That's wonderful news! Thanks for updating us.

nigele
12-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Hurray! Looks like you and your family will have a very Merry Christmas after all!!! I'm so glad to hear the great news.

nathansmom
12-22-2003, 12:55 PM
I am so glad things are looking up for you and your family.
Lots of love to your family-

pritchettzoo
12-23-2003, 12:30 AM
What fabulous news. I'm sure it will be a merry Christmas for your family this year!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)