PDA

View Full Version : Mobile/inquisitive baby question

jojo2324
12-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Ummmm, are presents actually *under* the trees in your homes? I KNOW that he's going to be ripping into those about 12 nanoseconds after they go under the tree. What do others do to dissuade present shredding?

lukkykatt
12-22-2003, 08:56 AM
There will be NO presents under our tree til after the kids go to bed on 12/24! Right now, we have two boxes there that were sent from relatives and that is it. As it is, I am happy that our tree is still standing. Adding presents to the mix is just not in the cards this year at our house!

August Mom
12-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Our presents are stacked on the dining room table. I had a couple of recently wrapped ones on the floor and someone opened a gift early. :) So, we'll put them out just before we open them.

mom2kandj
12-22-2003, 11:49 AM
Believe it or not, the hooligans have stayed away from the presents under the tree! I have found two the have *walked away* and DD explained that she was *looking* at them! LOL! We have been incredibly lucky this (knock on wood) year, as both are in awe of the tree. Every morning we make a big production of turning on the lights and saying, "WOW!" DS is normally a wrecking ball, but some reason has realized the tree is off limits. Now, if only they'd stop climbing on the kitchen table and stealing apples! :)

Rose
mom 2 Katie (almost 3!)
& Jack (19 months)

jojo2324
12-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys!! I'm wondering how long it will be before gifts can go under the tree with kiddos around! Years?! As it is I can't wrap anything with him around, since he screams and wails for the wrapping paper. Even if I give him one unopened roll, that's NEVER enough...He wants them all! And the tape!! He could spend hours wrapping himself in tape, if the opportunity existed. Luckily, he hasn't figured out scissors yet. (Just kidding! :))

So, it looks like gifts will remain in out of sight until the 24th.