PDA

View Full Version : way OT - laundry and photoshop

Meatball Mommie
12-23-2003, 03:31 PM
OK, I know they're totally not related, but I had two questions and limited time, so I'm grouping them together :)

Laundry question:
This may not be so OT, as I am sure this group does more laundry than any other group out there! My question is, has anyone tried those oxy type cleaners? DH's undershirts are very dingy. He works construction and gets very dirty. Hot water and bleach just aren't cutting it. We have a new front loading machine so I know it's not that. Does anyone have suggestions? The shirts are in good condition otherwise, just stained with dirt and overall dinginess (is that a word?)

Photoshop question:
Can anyone recommend a good book to learn Photoshop Elements? I don't have time to sit at my computer and read the help files. DS hates me to sit while he's awake LOL, so if I can find a book to read while nursing, that would be great!

TIA

MelissaTC
12-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Laundry - Have you tried washing them more than once and using Tide tablets? I followed a friend's advice on washing undershirts (my DH gets a bad deo & sweat build up in the pits) and it seemed to get them a lot cleaner. Worth a shot!

deenass
12-23-2003, 09:15 PM
I am a HUGE fan of oxyclean ... I put a scoop in every load of whites that I do (wash on hot) everything is brighter and whiter as a result. You may not notice the first time you wash the stuff, but over time you will see a difference. I even have CLEAN bibs that have been stained with all kinds of baby food.