PDA

View Full Version : the 9 month report for us, too!

lizajane
12-29-2003, 08:45 PM
so much to report! schuyler crawled forward for the FIRST TIME yesterday!!!!! it was a funny little wormy crawl, but darn it, he went forward. it was starting to really bug me that he wasn't crawling yet, and his buddies were all over the place!

he also pulls up to his knees and can get onto his feet with only the tiniest bit of assistance. (tried it once for fun, but i don't really want to encourage him to pull up, i have to admit!)

and at the ped today, he weighed in a 20lbs 15 oz, was 29.5 inches tall and an 18 inch head. the ped questioned his tall, skinny head (sigh, again) but when i told him that he 1) already had x-rays and 2) looks JUST like his dad he said he wasn't worried.

he is between 75th and 90th percentile for height, and down to 50th for weight! which means he went from 100th at 4 months to 50th only 5 months later. i think that is because he couldn't tolerate any solids until 8 months.

and the ped said he should be nursing only 3 times per day (well, not immediately... but pretty soon) and it actually made me feel kinda sad. he nurses 4-5 times now, but he doesn't actually need it. i just try to feed him when he will eat because he was only getting one solids meal until tonight.

so good news for a healthy guy. now we just need to get the meals worked out and the night waking knocked out before teething starts again!

peanut4us
12-29-2003, 08:51 PM
congrats Liza! and Schuyler too! Hooray for crawling and becoming "independent baby". I'm sure he'll get caught up on his eating and get back to his great sleeping for you soon. You and I will both be happier, more lively mommies soon.

I am a little surprised about the nurisng only 3 time a day comment... our Dr said for her weight etc... we should hope for about 20 ounces of milk intake a day... and if she wants it in 5 servings that's fine... hmmm. maybe it's because she weighs so muc les??? who knows.

Sarah1
12-29-2003, 08:55 PM
Congrats for making it! Woo hoo! And HOORAY for the crawling...I know, Audrey didn't start crawling 'til 10 mos, and it started to bug me too, even though I knew I shouldn't let it bother me.

Good luck with knocking out the night feedings. We went kinda cold turkey on that and had only a few rough nights. Good luck and congrats on your healthy little guy.

pritchettzoo
12-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Yay Schuyler!

And I like your new avatar--neat shadows in the photo.

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-29-2003, 09:03 PM
I think he sounds like he is wonderful!!!
and the Schuyler I know will be up running circles around all of them, you can tell when he is ready he will do it to perfection!!!

Give him a kiss from us!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

houseof3boys
12-29-2003, 09:38 PM
Liza sounds like a good report on the little guy! Can't believe he is crawling already!!! :)

barbarhow
12-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Yeah Schuyler! Jack is right behind you. Creeping across the floor and trying to use his knees but not really getting it yet. This is all so fun.
3 times a day??? 3 times a night??? Jack still wakes up at least once in the night to eat and definately eats more than 3 times during the day. In no hurry to cut back eaither. Makes me sad to think about it, too.
Congratulations to both of you!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

barbarhow
12-29-2003, 10:25 PM
Yeah Schuyler! Jack is right behind you. Creeping across the floor and trying to use his knees but not really getting it yet. This is all so fun.
3 times a day??? 3 times a night??? Jack still wakes up at least once in the night to eat and definately eats more than 3 times during the day. In no hurry to cut back eaither. Makes me sad to think about it, too.
Congratulations to both of you!
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

starrynight
12-30-2003, 12:29 AM
Sounds like he is doing great!! :)

liya
12-30-2003, 12:44 AM
WAY TO GO Schuyler!!!!!

momma_boo
12-30-2003, 10:55 AM
Great news on his 9 month report.

Sounds like Schuyler is doing great -- you are doing a GREAT job!!

Nursing only 3 times per day... I don't know if I could do that with Sarah. Take your time with that... do whatever feels right to you. You've done great so far, continue to trust your instincts.

McQ
12-30-2003, 11:09 AM
Way to go Schulyler!! And look out mama!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

amp
12-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Wow! Schuyler is a font of growth and achievements, isn't he! Yay for him! Congrats to both of you on all of the new milestones!

calebsmama03
12-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Congrats - he sounds great! I know what you mean about not wanting to encourage pulling up! Caleb did it the first time last week - I'm SO not ready to lose my baby! Re the nursing only 3 times/day - Caleb is a few weeks older than Schuyler and still nurses 6 times a day every 3 hours - sometimes more! We're not cutting back just yet either. I think the 3x/day thing is based on weaning at 12 mos. We don't intend to do that, so I let him decide when to nurse.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03