PDA

View Full Version : OT: We are moving to Texas!

starrynight
12-30-2003, 11:38 AM
Dh is re-enlisting in the army and Ft.Hood(Killeen) TX was our third choice and the first one on our list that had an opening.He heard this morning and called me. His report date is March 31st, so we will be moving sometime in late Feb or the first week of March. I can't believe how fast they told us we have to move, my guess is they want to deploy him in the next rotation so they want us there fast. :( I'm scared of that happening as he hasn't been over there yet, he is currently at a training non deployable unit.

I guess I will be trying to get rid of as much junk as possible! I hope the move goes more smoothly this time, last time we had to file a damage claim with the jerks of movers and it was such a pita!

Anyone near that part of TX?

I'm glad to see somewhere else but bummed to be moving after I found out Denise lives so close to me, I've never lived this close to an online friend before. :( If you read this Denise, I will email you so we can get together at least one more time before the move.

peanut4us
12-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Urrh... everything I just typed got deleted! Pooh!

So starting over... I live in Round Rock, which is about 40 minutes south of Fort Hood. And elvisfan is actually at Fort Hood. There are 2 other BBB mommies in Austin proper... in fact we just tried to get a "get together" together but illness and out of towners didn't make it happen. But we will soon. Also, there are some outlet malls in San Marcos that rock and sweetbasil (in houston) is interested in meeting out there sometime.

FWIW--that is a most excellent time of year to move to TX. The blue bonnets will be up the end of March and the weather is usually wonderful... Actually it's been between 60 and 75 for the last month here. Gorgeous.

So I welcome you with a yahoo and yeehaw! PM me if there is anything I can do for you guys to help your move go more smoothly!

TaChapm2
12-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Hi, I live in Lockhart just south of Austin. Really close to the outlet malls in San Marcos. This is such a great area to live im and you are moving here at the perfect time. Hopefully by the time you get here we will have a group together and have some fun Spring outings planned for the kids (& mommies). Welcome to Texas and thank you to your husband for serving our Great Nation during this difficult time. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

starrynight
12-31-2003, 11:47 AM
Thank you both for the info and the offer if I need anything :). I will definitly try and get together with everyone after I get settled in and unpacked :).

Yeah outlet shopping! ;) I love outlets of course dh will not be happy I got that tidbit of info LOL.

parkersmama
12-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Oh, no! I can't believe you're moving...and so fast! We have to be sure to get together at least one more time (but try for more!). I have to say that one of my least favorite things about Columbus is making military friends who then up and leave. :( I hope you'll like Ft.Hood and I'm glad that there are other folks who live in that area for you to meet up with! Talk to you soon about getting together!

elvisfan
12-31-2003, 10:59 PM
i'm at hood-pm me with ????????????s :)

starrynight
01-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Elvisfan-Mary, I pm'd you :).

Denise I will email you today sometime, my email has been goofy the past few days.