PDA

View Full Version : Wanted.....Houston shopping advice

mattiew
12-30-2003, 02:41 PM
DH and I are going to Houston to visit friends (our first trip away from DD...agggghhhh). Are there any great shopping places I need to hit? I'll probably want to look mostly for DD since I hate trying on clothes : )

Thanks!
Carrie

peanut4us
12-30-2003, 04:05 PM
not clothes, but everything else... their toys rock! IKEA!!!! Also you might want to send a pm or email to sweetbasil... she lives there.

flagger
12-30-2003, 04:47 PM
It depends on where you will be staying. Katy Mills out to the West on I-10 is like a huge outlet mall (indoors). The prices are not that much better, but if the weather is bad, can be good exercise. Just get their early.

Down south is Baybrook Mall.

Also to the west is West Oaks Mall Westheimer and Highway 6.

To the northwest near Cypress is Willowbrook Mall. They have totally developed the area around the mall will all sorts of interesting shops and eateries. Traffic there however can be a nitemare (and a half).

If your friends live up North (I-45) then there is Woodlands Mall.

Then there is the tried and true Galleria at Westheimer and Post Oak. They have just added a fourth section and I believe Nordstroms is open in Galleria IV. If you continue North on Post Oak, there are all sorts of shops along Post Oak on both sides.

If you continue towards town up Westheimer you will find Crate and Barrel, William-Sonoma and some other interesting shops. If you get to Weslyan and Westheimr, be sure to go into Central Market.