PDA

View Full Version : Meds during pregnancy?

jojo2324
01-01-2004, 09:03 AM
I got the okay for Sudafed and Benadryl, but those are not going to help combat my cough and sore throat. What can I use? Or does anybody know of a website that links me to okay medications?

I am sick of being sick, or surrounded by sick people! x(

trumansmom
01-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Plain Robitussin, or Robitussin DM are okay for cough. (I just went and checked my medicine cabinet since I just got over it.) I think most throat lozenges are okay for sore throat, but I would double check with someone else on that.

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Especially right now. The final month is sooo hard even if you're healthy.

Take care,
Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and EDD 4/23/04!

Rachels
01-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Here ya go:

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T011500.asp

I hope you feel better! So sorry you're sick. Lots of fluids!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

amp
01-01-2004, 03:25 PM
I think I took Robitussin (possibly not my preferred DM formula) but I'm not sure on that one. Tylenol for the sore throat. If it gets bad enough, a doc prescribed a yucky thick throat numbing medicine (had lidocaine) for me that i never used. It said not to eat when I used it because it affects your gag reflex. Eww! But if you're desperate, she said it was completely safe as far as my pregnancy went. They could call script that in for you probably. I think I ended up using Chloroseptic, which I didn't really get approval on, but you don't really swallow much to coat your throat.