PDA

View Full Version : My hubby is totally showing me up!

jojo2324
01-01-2004, 08:11 PM
I've had two glorious days with DH HOME, night and day!! (He works like mad, six nights and six days, and has been since this past spring.) We're all sick, but he seems to be feeling okay.

Well, I went to take a nap, and three hours (!!!!heaven!!!!) later came downstairs: Gannon's eaten dinner (including veggies!!), there's laundry FOLDED and more in the wash, he's vacumming, and the living room doesn't look like a toy store on steroids. Plus, he managed to give Gannon his asthma meds, a nearly impossible feat. And he's been straightening and organizing the house the past two days. I am so happy about the laundry, I don't even CARE that it's not how *I* fold laundry, LOL. ;) AND he made a scrumptious three-course New Year's meal last night.

I just got a little pouty and told him he should be the stay-at-home-parent. Isn't he supposed to totally fumble while doing this, and in turn completely appreciate me and all my hard work? He makes me look like the biggest slacker!!

I am only slightly kidding. I know he's not pregnant. And I am whooped. (You know it's bad when you start DREAMING about going into labor.) But still, does he have to be so dang good at it? :)

nigele
01-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Joanne,

This is exactly what has been happening in our household this week! DH would make an awesome house husband! He has been incredible with the housework, cooking and taking care of Tom (not to mention that we have had such huge success with getting Tom to wear his patch.) I told Simon that he needs to quit his job and stay home with us! And I have to tell you I feel the same way - compared to him, I look like a huge slacker.

jojo2324
01-01-2004, 09:16 PM
LOL, let's go in together on a Lotto ticket. Then we can lounge and our hubbies can be Mr. Mom. I'll set up our spa appointments right now! :)

heva
01-01-2004, 09:33 PM
I'm loving it! DH is on vacation this week with the boy while I'm back on call in the hospital. He made dinner two nights in a row, invited his sister, her husband and kids to stay at our house last night and pretty much single-handedly entertained them while I recovered from my call night, and made breakfast for them this morning after I'd gone off to work. I only wish I was home more to enjoy it!

sntm
01-01-2004, 11:16 PM
LOL, we are the same! I was so worried since Jack still wakes at night to eat, but DH has him snoozing until 8:30!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-02-2004, 12:16 AM
I say let him show you up!!!! It's nice to step back and see what they can do :)...he sounds like an angel and I am so glad that he is letting you rest.

We've been thinking about you JoJo!!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

heva
01-02-2004, 06:32 AM
I KNEW that was going to happen!!! Congrats ;)

starrynight
01-02-2004, 07:57 AM
Yay for you! :) Let him show you up for now, you need the rest. I hope you all fell better soon.

McQ
01-02-2004, 10:49 AM
I say let him go for it!!! And you rest up mama! Let the man pamper you.

And loves G-man's new avatar!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

mamahill
01-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Way to go! DH managed to totally clean the kitchen yesterday, load the dishwasher, unload it, and wash any remaing dishes by hand. I was stunned. But then I had to remind myself that this was 1-2 days and if he had to do it day after day, I don't think it would last. Just remember that!! And I bet it makes him feel good to know he can take care of you, so let him! Hip hip hooray for you and your three hour nap!

brigmaman
01-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Any Dad who will drive 30 minutes to bring his toddler to Gymbo with "the moms" has to be a great guy! It sounds like Shawn is nesting a bit, or at least gearing up for his solo time with Gannon. You are so funny- I know you are eyeing the folded laundry and your mind is re-folding it "your" way, while your body is telling you to leave it alone! Try not to worry about HOW he's loading the dishwasher and enjoy it!
You always seem to have lots of energy (I saw you climb under the slide at Gymbo last week!). You've been an amazing prego mom- sit back and relax. (At least for a few more weeks!)

jojo2324
01-02-2004, 04:43 PM
LOL Trish...I might *appear* to be energetic, but that was only 45 minutes. At home I can be found sprawled on the sofa. Or on my big rear at the computer, of course!!

Yes, 25 more days!!!!! :D I swear, every morning I wake up and think, "Is this it? Maybe? But we're not ready! But I am SO ready!!"

gour0
01-02-2004, 05:31 PM
I totally agree. What would they be like if they did this 24/7?