PDA

View Full Version : fears of the bathtub

LucyG
01-02-2004, 11:33 AM
We seem to be having these. DD (10 months) has started to cry whenever we put her in the tub. We have switched to the regular tub, and I'm wondering if we need to go back to her baby tub (inside the big tub). Short of bathing with her (which I did last night), are there any other ways to make the tub less scary for a baby? She tries to stand up and get out, and cries and clings to us. It's pitiful, as she used to LOVE bathtime. Any ideas?

kristine_elen
01-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Jack went through the same thing. We use an inflatable tub inside our regular bathtub (one step up from a baby tub but not as big as regular tub. He was OK w/inflatable tub at first, then all of a sudden freaked out when we wanted to put him in it.) This is what I did:

Bought those Sassy visors that keep water from getting in baby's eyes.

Made sure he watched me fill up the tub. I got one of those hoses that attaches to the spout and he liked playing w/that as tub filled.

I also put his toys in the water and showed them to him before putting him in.

After I started doing all that, he began enjoying bathtime again.
Good luck!

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Lucy,
I bought every baby bath tub there was...
* hard plastic
* foan
* blow up

and have not used any of them, I have put T in the bath with me since bath number one. With that said the best purchase I got was that hard plastic blue sitting ring "thing a ma jig" that he sits up in while I give him his bath. That honest to goodness has been a god send. I don't know how much longer he can fit in it...last night I attemted to sit in the tub with him without it and really didn't feel good about it, so I put him in.

You might want to try this...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties