PDA

View Full Version : we want to institute a naked time... for you folks who do it already...

peanut4us
01-02-2004, 10:26 PM
how do you avoid the mess? We want to do it before bath time. I guess after she eats in the kitchen because that's about the only place without carpet... but then I think won't her little tush and giblets get cold if she sits down?

What do you do? Especially if you have carpet?? How long do you let them go for?

McQ
01-02-2004, 10:38 PM
Declan usually gets about 15 minutes of nakey time before his bath. We have hard wood floors and I put a blanket on the floor. Some times he does crawl off but if his twig and berries get cold you'd never know it. He loves his nakey time! We've only had a couple (seriously maybe 2) accidents and then I just wash the blanket. He usually has a bottle between 2-4pm, solids at 5:30 then bath at 6:30. So there's not a lot of liquid in there to come out by bath time.

I'm sure your little monkey will love her naked time too!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

Marisa6826
01-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Giblets? Twig and Berries??

You guys CRACK ME UP :P

No advice here, just laughing away... :)

-m

brubeck
01-02-2004, 10:54 PM
I actually have the kids run around in the bathtub itself (without water). Very easy to clean!

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-02-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm laughing because this is all so new to me as I post a picture and act like we are pros at it :)...

Tristan has almost a scheduled poop cycle which helps us, but he has pooped once on the carpet...the pee I usually notice after I step in it :)...but with three dogs in the dog house I have a chemistry lab of cleaners. Their pee is similiar to water though in that even trying to detect a smell over the carpet on the spot doesn't give much of an odor if any...

I love it now I want to see Sarah in a T-Shirt that says proudly "save the giblets" ...
edited to say I now see Allison's post T will need a shirt saying save the twigs and berries:)

I hope to have better advice as we get more used to this...
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

peanut4us
01-02-2004, 11:11 PM
heh heh... twig and berries... I love it.

And I have NO idea where "giblets" came from. Somewhere in her first week when I was changing a poopy diaper that was all over everything, I went to tell her that I was going to wipe her little... and paused. I swore to myself I would never call it a "twat". that's what my mom used with me and I hated it (no offense to anyone who uses it). Giblets was what first came out, so that's what I'm stickign with. I'm sure Sara won't appreciate "giblets" later either :) LOL!

mamahill
01-02-2004, 11:30 PM
We have mostly carpet and that's where Ainsleigh's free spiriting takes place. We've had a few accidents, but it doesn't seem that big of a deal to me. She has gotten lots better as she gets older, and generally only leaks if she's standing right next to the tub watching the water go into the tub. As long as I'm chasing her she's fine.

I start by stripping her down to onesie and diaper and letting her run around while I get her pjs, sleeper and night diaper ready. Then I take off her onesie and begin chasing her. Then off comes the diaper.

Have fun - we always crack up at stripper time!

ps - will admit that I was intrigued by your post's title and was wondering just WHOSE naked time you were referring to;). Ah. Yes. Of course you meant the baby's. Exit perv Sarah...

Sarah1
01-02-2004, 11:45 PM
>I was intrigued by your post's title and
>was wondering just WHOSE naked time you were referring to;).
>Ah. Yes. Of course you meant the baby's. Exit perv Sarah...

Sarah, I was thinking the EXACT same thing! TOO FUNNY!

barbarhow
01-02-2004, 11:50 PM
Aaaah yes. A favorite time in our household. But we do it after bath time. Naked wiggle time we call it. We spread a blanket out on the carpeted floor and away he goes. He wiggles here and wiggles there and laughs and laughs. He loves it. One night we were filming it and low and behold when we played it back wasn't there just a huge stream shooting up in the air we didn't even notice it...Twig and berries. too funny. We call it Mr. Padiddlehopper. Don't know how that started-must've been DH.
We do not worry about the carpet at all. (It's a rental) Oh that's terrible. but really-its such a tiny amount.
After naked wiggle he gets a lotion massage. then jammies on.

Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

pritchettzoo
01-02-2004, 11:59 PM
OMG--giblets? Twig and berries? I laughed so hard I had a coughing fit and almost wet my pants!

I used to have naked time after my bath--there are pictures of my parents chasing a naked little me around the house with a bath towel. I'm not quite sure this was a sanctioned event because there are bubbles trailing after me...

Do you have one of those special throws that are water-resistant? I think there was a disposable one called Neat Sheet or something. And there was a thread a little while ago about a good, heavy-duty one. You could put one of those down on the carpet and then it wouldn't matter if she peed.

How fun! I can't wait for more excited playing around here--naked or not!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jojo2324
01-02-2004, 11:59 PM
We have nakey time before bath...Usually 10-15 minutes. Gannon LOVES it. (He has a *slight* fascination with his...twig. Not so much the berries.) He just shrieks and laughs and books it around the house. Inevitably, puddles will begin forming on the floor. Since he's pretty mobile, and I'm waddling, I can't keep up with him. I figure it's such a small amount, it can't do much harm. We also have hardwood floors, so that helps a bit too. I don't know what we'd do if we had carpet.

ETA that we have not had a poop incident yet. Well, maybe once, but it was really weird because he's an AM pooper. And I caught that one with a dipe, so crisis averted!

mharling
01-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Me too Marisa! Glad I'm not the only one who hadn't heard them before.

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

jd11365
01-03-2004, 01:23 AM
FYI...this is how my mom potty-trained me at 15 months. (It's all I hear about...I can't imagine potty training at such a young age and of course now have such pressure since my mom reminds me ALL the time...but I digress...) Anyway, she said she basically kept me naked for 2 days and every time I went to pee (she was getting new carpet a few months later anyway) she put me on the potty and made a big thrill about it...2 days later I (supposedly) was on my own with the whole potty thing...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

parkersmama
01-03-2004, 01:30 AM
I'll admit that this is how I potty trained Wesley but he was over age 3 and I was totally desperate!!! LOL!