PDA

View Full Version : OT - Oswald on Noggin

Marisa6826
01-03-2004, 08:38 PM
We've recently discovered this little gem of a show.

I personally am much more addicted to it than Sophie. It just cracks me up!

Anybody else fans?

-m

jojo2324
01-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Oh, I LOVE Oswald!! I think it's the sweetest show, and the music is great! It's on Nickelodeon too, or at least it used to be. Now they have all these new shows, so it might be gone.

I also like that Fred Savage was able to find work after the Wonder Years...And that his singing abilities leave much to be desired makes it even more adorable! :)

lukkykatt
01-03-2004, 08:45 PM
I love Oswald too! It is so nice and calm - the boys watch it and drink their milk after they wake up from their naps.

I didn't realize that Fred Savage was Oswald, but I recognized Squiggy's voice (from Laverne and Shirley) as Henry, right away. DH didn't believe me, so I went on their website to check. Holey moley - it is an all-star cast!

Marisa6826
01-03-2004, 09:25 PM
I have to say the Egg Brothers and Henry are my favourites. I thought the Eggs were a gay couple until I saw some thread calling them twin brothers. I still have my suspicions though ;)

We just found it about two-three weeks ago. Jonathan and I scurry to the TV to watch it at 4:30. How freaking pathetic is that?

I LOVE the music. Just found out that there's actually a soundtrack.

Everytime I watch it I tell Jonathan I want to live in Oswald's town :P

I must say that Daisy is pretty annoying though.

-m

jojo2324
01-03-2004, 09:29 PM
I would love to live there too, with that awesome candy store! :9

And I thought that the Eggs AND Henry were all gay. What's that other show, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast? Is there one who's always saying "Great googily moogily!" I thought he was gay too.

I think that Drew Barrymore once guest starred.

lukkykatt
01-03-2004, 09:46 PM
It is my dream town! With the ice cream truck, the sno-cones, and the restaurant with suprise lunches, I would get there and never leave!

Marisa6826
01-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Haven't seen Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, but I saw the Wild Thornberrys today. Pretty obnoxious.

My favourite building in Oswald is the gumball machine and the one with the big alarm clock. There was an episode where the alarm clock stopped because a squirrel was hiding nuts in it. Everybody overslept and nothing was open. My kind of town! :)

Have you seen the cool loaf of bread bus and the toast car?

It's just an awesome show.

I love Oswald's songs - especially since they sound like the ones we make up in our house ;)

-m

brigmaman
01-03-2004, 10:19 PM
We love Oswald too! Brig likes "Neeny" (that's how he says it) the best! My mom actually turned me onto the show last year. In fact, last year she got two plush "Weenies" for x-mas. She also has plush Henry (don't ask!) The first thing that struck me about the show is the music, too. Along with Max and Ruby (another mom favorite which I don't really care for) I think it almost relaxing to watch just because of the tunes.
I love the episode where Oswald is trying to get home with Henry's marshmallow for his hot chocolate...and the one with the cart race (the gingerbread people crack me up with their sweatbands!)...and the one where Oswald is trying to be inside with Henry and outside in the pool at the same time...

ktdid74
01-04-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm so happy that other mom's love this show the way I do! And thank goodness someone said it was Squiggy's voice for Henry- for some reason I just couldn't place it! Henry is my absolute favorite and I love the one where he needs his feather cut- too cute. Now when DS needs a haircut, we talk about how Henry had his haircut, too. We always turn it on right after naptime.