PDA

View Full Version : Barney "Concert"

blnony
01-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Barney is going to be here later this month and we are thinking about taking Audrey. Decent seats are a little expensive though.
She loves Barney, and I really think she would enjoy it, but has anyone been to one of his shows? Is it worth the money?

kathsmom
01-06-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi, Brianna!

We took Katherine to see Barney when she was about 20 months old. She adored Barney. We thought it would be worth it to take her, but we didn't get the great seats. We ended up in the nosebleed section. You could still see Barney and the show though. Katherine was so excited and kept yelling "Barney, Barney" before the show started. The excitement built as the house lights went down and the stage lights went up. As soon as Barney came out, she screamed out of fear and got in my lap and sat with her face in my chest for the rest of the show. The main reason that she was so frightened was the loudness of the show. They turn up the sound system so everyone can hear over the kids. Also, the kids screaming from delight didn't thrill her too much either. Keep in mind,however, that she still hates loud noises. She doesn't like going to movies at the theatre, because it is so loud. She also sticks her fingers in her ears when she flushes the toilets in public restrooms due to the loudness.

Most of the other kids who appeared to be around Katherine's age loved the show. I was really into it and got her a hat, t-shirt, cassette tape and a lighted wand with Barney on top. She loved all of that stuff!

I think that Audrey would probably enjoy the show. Katherine did see Blues Clues Live when she was about 4 and really enjoyed it.

Let us know if you get tickets!

elvisfan
01-06-2004, 05:30 PM
My mil took Isabella, and she really enjoyed herself!! I heard that the show really rocked!!!

egoldber
01-06-2004, 09:39 PM
We took Sarah to Sesame Street Live last month and she absolutely adored it. I bet that Audrey would enjoy Barney a lot!

But I will say that we took to her to see it at a rather small arena, rather than a huge one, and I think that made a big difference.

HTH,

blnony
01-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks guys...I talked my Dh into it tonight!! Its funny..I can't believe our next concert is Barney....big change...;)

vikivoly
01-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Just curious as to what tickets to these type of shows cost?

FWIW, I took DD to see Monsters Inc. on Ice when she was about 7 months old. She really enjoyed it, but did end up falling asleep by the end.

blnony
01-08-2004, 02:02 PM
We paid $30 a ticket!!! :o
They ranged from 10 - 16.50 - 30.00

The 10 dollar tickets were in the upper bowl which I didn't want; and the 16.50 were sold out. So...we got good seats I guess. I'm just really hoping DD enjoys it for that price! :)

egoldber
01-08-2004, 03:56 PM
The Sesame Street show we went to was $18 a ticket. But The Wiggles were also in town recently and they wanted $20 - $35 per ticket.

HTH,

egoldber
01-08-2004, 03:56 PM
The Sesame Street show we went to was $18 a ticket. But The Wiggles were also in town recently and they wanted $20 - $35 per ticket.

HTH,

vikivoly
01-09-2004, 02:28 AM
That's not bad. Do ticket prices vary by location? I heard that The Wiggles concert was $50-$100 per ticket in the DC area.

egoldber
01-09-2004, 10:20 AM
No, the prices weren't that high. I am in the DC area and those are the prices I was referring too. I looked on eBay for better seats and those were $50 a ticket.

I'm scratching my head trying to remember now. Maybe floor seats were more? But I know they were nothing like $100 a ticket. Another reason we skipped that show is that it was at the large arena in DC. We saw Sesame Street at Patriot Center at George Mason and that was REALLY nice. We were literally right next to the stage. You could almost reach out and touch the characters.

HTH,

ddmarsh
01-09-2004, 01:45 PM
We go to many of these shows in our house, I just adore seeing the way they react and knowing how excited they are. Of all of them as much as I love Sesame Street I have found it to be of a bit lesser production quality than others. Some that I have thought were really well done were Bear in the Big Blue House, Arthur and Barney. We also recently saw the Wiggles and I was frankly shocked at the production - there was practically nothing to it. The kids don't care about that aspect of course, but from an adult perspective I just find it interesting.