PDA

View Full Version : Help - Cabin Fever!

lizamann
01-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Since it's about zero degrees here (literally), I am going nuts from having been inside all day. We tried to take a walk to run some errands earlier, but I got about 50 feet and realized that the wind was just a little too insane to expose dd to. Not to mention that she was crying and squinting, which is a bad sign!

So what do you do to avoid that pent-up hostile feeling? DH just called on his way home and I was really snippy. I'm rarely like that and I blame it entirely on cabin fever. Or maybe it's because we're out of coffee...

Any suggestions?

amyff
01-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Where are you? It is about 2 here!

I get MAJOR cabin fever when it is super cold out! Ava also tends not to nap well when we stay in ALL day. I don't think she "gets tired" when we are cooped up. I also tend to get really crabby when she doesn't nap well and I find myself feeling tired and snippy or quiet and kind of depressed.

What I do that helps is basically set up stations in my house. Upstairs: book reading and a little video watching. Main Floor: bigger gross motor toys. Basement: smaller toys and puzzles. We go from station to station and try not to get bored! I have also started to do an extra bathtime (she loves it and it gives me a breather-keeps her contained) and I think of it as "swimming". We also eat a lot and experiment with different foods and textures...I even let her "paint" with pudding before before "swimming" today. Fun but messy.

Good luck...
PS. A diet coke at 2:00 is my daily saving grace!