PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep up with this board : (

lmintzer
01-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Does anyone else feel like they don't have the time to keep up with this fast-paced board? There are so many posts each day that I'd love to respond to, but at least on some days, I barely have time to read.

I sometimes feel badly for selectively responding to posts. I hope no one ever feels like theirs isn't as important. Truth be told, sometimes I only have a chance to scan the top 10 posts, so those are the ones I tend to respond to.

I guess it depends on the temperament of each person's children and the amount of other responsibilities they have--I never seem to have enough time for myself.

Lisa

& Jack, 4/20/01
& Joshua, 11/16/03

McQ
01-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Yep. I have days like that. It's just good thing that work has been super slow these last few weeks that I've been able to hang out here a lot. I'm sure a lot of people wonder if I ever get any work done :)

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

NEVE and TRISTAN
01-07-2004, 03:39 PM
I feel guilty about not responding to pictures and peoples good news and bad...I try to respond to things like that for those who have done so for me. I got so much support over my mc and adoption that I really like to be there for others who take the time and celebrate and cry with us, it is time consuming but I gladly make that tome since they made it for me. I have to say though when I respond to a thread I usually have not read the full thread that I am answering and I seldom visit forums that don't apply to me.
I don't need a stroller, car seat,diaper bag, nursery crib, feeding advice etc... so I might skim those once in a week or so...

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

parkersmama
01-07-2004, 03:44 PM
I feel the same way! I hate not reading a post but I try to pick and choose those which I think I'll have input on or I'm interested in. I love seeing pictures of the babies and often read those and the good news without typing a reply. Like Neve, I don't very often read the forums that don't apply to me...strollers, carseats, bedding, adoption, etc. I'd love to have time to read them all but it's impossible! I can't even keep up with the lounge most days. Occasionally I get the time to read over old posts and catch things I missed...I really love that. :)

LD92599
01-07-2004, 03:48 PM
ITA! I tend to lurk ALOT more than I respond...though there's tons I'd love to respond to! Alot of times I read the boards when I'm doing something else (ie: pumping!) that doesn't allow me to type quickly if at all.

I try to avoid the forums that don't apply...but then I scan 'em anyway and get reeled in!

Laura
mom to William

etwahl
01-07-2004, 03:52 PM
i'm so the same way. i often read these days but can't post. and i rarely post anymore simply because i can't, but i wish i could. i'm sure most people understand! it is hard, because i see pics and stuff and think they're the cutest in the world, but will be holding lauren standing at the kitchen counter and just absolutely can't post. then 2 hours later, there are 50 more posts and the pic i wanted to respond to is way down and i just don't have time to read them all... usually read the latest few and that's it...so those are the ones i respond to if i'm able to at the time. then when i post a pic of lauren, i think i probably wont' get responses, because i rarely get the chance to respond to others, even though everyone's pics are adorable...but people do respond, so i know they understand. it's a great bunch of people.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

peanut4us
01-07-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm with you Allison... and enjoying the slow pace of work while it lasts...

Karenn
01-07-2004, 04:11 PM
I've been having trouble keeping up too! I think part of it is that the volume of posts has increased in the last several months. I could be imagining this, but it sure seems much busier around here!

jmofarrill
01-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I feel the SAME way. In the choice of spending time on the board and spending time with Anwyn, well, I love you guys, but she's my life! LOL

I have been focusing more on the forums I feel I can make positive contributions. I want to respond to most of the posts I read, but I just can't.

hez
01-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks for saying something-- I hoped it wasn't just me :) As a newbie around here, I appreciate all the time folks take to support each other, answer questions (for what may be the 20th time!), and just generally be good friends to each other. That said, I have to manage my time pretty closely or I'd spend 8 hours a day just reading posts!

My concern is that when I go back to work next week I'll be in front of the computer when I'm not in meetings (or pumping!), and the urge to check the boards more often will be too strong to resist, LOL!

jennifer13
01-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Well I feel relieved that other people feel this way too. The main time I have to read/respond is at work- not good for productivity! And I also feel guilty for only responding to some posts, but then when I post I am so grateful for others who respond. People have used the word "addicting" to describe the boards, and it can really be that way if I'm not careful. Sometimes after DD is in bed and I'm reading the boards I stop and think what the heck am I doing, I could be spending time with DH, reading, sleeping, etc..

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

mharling
01-07-2004, 06:30 PM
Ditto from me too. I haven't been responding nearly as much as I used to and I think it's because I'm spending my time trying to read everything. There has been a definite increase in activity out here.

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

MamaKath
01-07-2004, 07:32 PM
I was thinking this over the last few weeks with the holidays, and changes in schedules, etc. Now dd is back to school, dh's schedule should straighten out next week, and I am desperately trying to catch up on housework. The computer has been pretty low on my list lately.

I do really try to support here, but I get lost pretty quick if I don't check in a few times a day, so it has become one of the last to look at on a really busy day. I really only head over to the stroller board here to help out newbies since that is where my bit of expertise lies (sad isn't it ;-)), but also am involved on other boards elsewhere.

Anyway, I miss it when I am not here. It is a fun place to be when I am not trying to keep up with my family, etc., I just can't keep up lately. :-(

bluej
01-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Oh yeah! And today is one of those days! I'm excited to no end if I get to be 'involved' w/ the boards, content if I just get to read, frustrated if I can only scan and completely out of sorts if I don't even get to the computer! It actually helps if I'm able to read that someone suggested something that I would suggest, then I don't feel quite as bad if I don't have the time to contribute. But I do feel that I get way more from this place than I contribute. Hopefully someday that will change.

khakismom
01-07-2004, 09:59 PM
I totally agree! I definitly agree that there is much more activity lately, and I'm having real trouble keeping up! I mainly read the boards at work too and for a long time I wasn't very busy and could read most of them. Now I'm busier and with the flurry of postings lately, it's a real struggle to keep up. :)

Add to this the fact that I've got a new year's resolution that I intend to keep, and a new hobby--crocheting :), and I really want to finish this blanket--and my time seems to fly by.

I'm happy that everyone understands that I can't post to each and every one, even though I really want to. :)

alkagift
01-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Completely agree too...I thought that when I quit my job and stayed at home last monthI would have more time during naps to read and post, but it seems that my little pumpkin only wants to nap 30 minutes, twice a day...HAHAHA! I need to spend my evenings with my sweet DH, so that's out. And, of course, like Denise, I'm trying to be the master of the budget. Setting up Quicken is no easy task.

I used to post while I pumped at work, so I had at least an hour at some point to read and post. Now I don't have much time for posting at all! And my modem died while trying to get to the 2004 get-together link, so I'll have to find that one later!

Allison
Mom to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

sntm
01-08-2004, 04:42 PM
ditto to everything. glad to know i'm not the only one!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

doubleL
01-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Lisa, You're like my BBB soul-mate these days. You say whatever I'm thinking. Definitely not enough time for all this fun. Don't you people have kids?!?! :)

Lou
~DS 5.01
~DD 6.03