PDA

View Full Version : OT--Ebay question

peanut4us
01-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Has anyone ever bought anytihng on ebay from a different country. Thanks to Neve's post in the ARound the House forum about finding Steiff animals on ebay, I've found some I like, but they are listed in GBP (Great Britain Pounds). Can I bid on this? Can I pay with Paypal? How does the currency conversion work?

Any help would be great.

sweetbasil
01-09-2004, 11:15 AM
I bought a really cool tropical ss shirt for DS#1 there last year (for $8- including shipping), from a seller in Thailand...I paid w/PayPal (as their auction allowed for it, and I believe it converted to their $). If they don't say in their auction about whether they'll sell to US buyers, you might e-mail them. Just a thought :)

mom2kandj
01-09-2004, 11:39 AM
I bought a Maclaren diaper bag last year from UK Ebay. I emailed the seller to verify that they would indeed accept bids from the US and how much shipping would be/or an estimate. Thank goodness the shipping costs were low as many bulkier items end up costing more to ship to the US than the actual price of the item. My seller did accept paypal and that's how she was paid. Paypal did convert the US dollars to GBP for me and I had a very smooth transaction. HTH!

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02