PDA

View Full Version : OT: need ideas on how to organize my laundry room

cchavez
01-11-2004, 07:39 PM
My laundry room is pretty big but not so organized. DH just went to
Lowe's and purchased a rack to hang on the wall to hang and drip dry clothes. I already have a standing drip dry rack but it has not been working out that well for us. We have our washer and dryer in there, a cabinet above the washer/dryer, a three tier shelf w/ cleaning products, a wine rack, mops,brooms and my ironing board is permanently set up in there. Oh, and I have a few laundry baskets in there too. My biggest problem is getting the clothes folded and put away upstairs...any ideas on how to do this more efficiently? DH suggested putting in a small table so I can fold clothes in there but that might only work part of the time b/c sometimes I like to fold clothes at nite while watching TV or in Diego's playroom as he plays. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

AngelaS
01-12-2004, 07:50 AM
My laundry room is in the basement and all the bedrooms are two stories up from there. My rule is, that when it comes off the drying rack or out of the dryer, it gets folded immediately! :D There is no 'fold it later' here. I put everything in one basket, carry it all the way up to my bedroom, sort it into piles and take piles to the girls' bedrooms to be put away from there. Sometimes it stalls in the basket in my bedroom, but NOT in the laundry room. :D

cchavez
01-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I guess I just need to stop being so lazy! LOL!