PDA

View Full Version : Mom's of more than one....how is the baby book coming along compared to the first baby?

bluej
01-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Honestly, I hardly ever think of writing in Ryden's baby book. So many things happened over the holidays and I didn't have the book w/ me and I didn't write down the exact dates of when things happened. I finally dug it out this morning to update it and I had to guess when/where to put things. The guilt is killing me! Not b/c I think he is going to care any, but I can just see 30 years into the future and his wife is looking through it to see when he hit certain milestones compared to their own baby and her saying 'what an awful mother Jen was, she didn't even keep track of these things!' I'm going to have to have a lot of heirlooms to pass down to him to make up for this!

lukkykatt
01-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Ha! Ha! I just wrote about this in the "what do you need for baby #2" post. I have a baby book, ansd SOME things are filled in...but most is blank. I have saved my 2003 calendar, because some things I wrote on there to be later transferred into the book. Then I'll have to do some forensic calendaring too - I know he ate first solids around the time when my mother came to visit, kind of thing.

My other shame is that all of the photos after coming home from the hospital are in the top drawer of my dresser. I have to go through them all, put them in order and get them in a photo albumn...yikes!

parkersmama
01-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Because there is such a stigma attached to this, I've actually done a really good job keeping up to date. I don't always write things down right away but I really try to get to it once a month or so and record the big happenings. For me, Amy Grace is the only girl and therefore probably the only one who will eventually appreciate the hard work so I've gotta do it!!

toomanystrollers
01-12-2004, 04:20 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! I'm about 2 1/2 years behind - bad, bad mama. I did keep track in my daily calendar of Shea's milestones. Neve's book is blank. Thanks for the reminder, I need to get my act together :)

Calmegja2
01-12-2004, 04:28 PM
What is this baby book thing you speak of?

(if I pretend I've never heard of it, then it doesn't matter, right?)

jubilee
01-12-2004, 07:16 PM
LOL on forensic calendaring!! I am using a baby milestone calendar that I keep by the changing table to keep track. I didn't even buy a regular book to put it in. But, I must say I didn't keep track very well with my first either. After first steps I didn't record anything.

macassi
01-12-2004, 08:47 PM
I was talking about this same topic at a lunch my mom had. One of her friends confessed that she didn't take nearly as many pictures as #2 as she did #1. She figured they looked enough alike, so she just tossed some of #1's pictures in #2's album. This would actually work for me, because my first two look like identical twins for a few months of their life... if we hadn't moved houses, DH and I would have a hard time on a few photos. Of course, with us #3 is a girl and we can't really cheat. Like someone else mentioned, I'm trying to be good (but failing desperately) because she might appreciate it.